I hope you’re enjoying “The New You” sermon series that we’re in right now! So far we’ve talked about the new you spiritually and last week the new you physically. This Sunday I’ll be talking about the new you emotionally – emotional health. It’s an area that we don’t talk about very often, but it’s a powerful area of our life that dictates much of our every day well-being and fulfillment. But I don’t want this Sunday just to be another intellectual exercise for you. So to help prepare you for this Sunday’s message, I want you to think about and answer a question for me. In the season of life that you’re currently in, is there a dominant emotion that you find constantly trending in your life? What emotion seems to be dominating the way that you feel in this season of life? What is it that you’re struggling with? Whatever it is, is it something that you find that’s taking over your life, just wreaking havoc in certain areas, perhaps certain relationships, whatever that emotion is? Do me a favor and go ahead and identify what some of those emotions are in your life. It could be worry, anxiety, jealousy, fear, sadness, anger, or a host of others. It will help you come prepared for what God will do in your life this Sunday.
I also want to let you know about the next series after “The New You.” On Sunday, February 9th we’ll be kicking off a new series called, “The Journey.” The idea behind the series is that we’ll be going on a chronological journey with Jesus through the Gospels. Each week we’ll be looking at a different story/encounter of Jesus – from His Baptism and temptation in the wilderness all the way to His trial and encounter with Pilate. Now obviously we can’t hit every story/encounter of Jesus in 9 weeks, but we believe that this is going to the perfect series as we continue to read through the 4 Gospels together leading up to Easter Weekend! I’m really excited about it! Hopefully it will bring to life what you’re reading throughout the week.
Our WAVES Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade) is leaving today at 3pm to Pigeon Forge, TN with 90 people for their Winter Retreat! Please keep Pastor Ryan, all of his volunteers, and all of the Students in your prayers. Pray for safety and protection; pray that they have a blast; but also pray for lives to be forever changed! They return to the church on Monday at 6pm.
You should be receiving your 2019 Giving Statement from our church this week. If you have any questions about your statement, please contact the office (843-571-1777) and speak with Ashley Hojnacki. Your consistent, faithful, generous giving enables our church to make its IMPACT.
LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- Want to feel more comfortable in sharing your story and your faith with the people God puts in your life? Want to feel like you’re ready and prepared to make an IMPACT? Then sign up for our IMPACT Seminar, Sunday night, February 23rd,4pm-7pm at the church. We’ll provide childcare and food! For more information or to sign up, please contact Pastor Chris Jones or respond to this email.
- You’ll get a chance to preview the Spring Semester LIFE Group Catalog this Sunday in your bulletin! LIFE Group Sunday will be the following Sunday, January 26th, and LIFE Groups will begin the week of February 9th. And here’s a little secret – you can also check them out and go ahead and sign up online! Our LIFE Group Leader Training for all Leaders & Assistants is either Tuesday, January 21st, 6:30pm-8:30pm or Saturday, January 25th, 10am-12noon (pick one).
- Interested in formalizing your commitment to Coastal and officially making our church, your church family? Our next Membership Class is Saturday, February 8th 9am-12noon. Childcare and light refreshments are provided. You can sign up for the class on our website, your Connect Card,or byresponding to this email.
- For those of you participating in our 100 Day Challenge, today’s reading is Matthew 16. Remember there are 6 components of the 100 Day Challenge, 6 things we are asking you to do (3 are daily – 3 are next steps). Daily: 1. Read Through the 4 Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John – we’re providing the calendar). 2. Memorize 1 Bible verse a week. This weeks verse has been Matthew 10:32-33. 3. Get Moving. Find an activity or exercise that you can do each day for 100 Days. Next Steps: 1. Take the Next Step In Your Giving. 2. Start Serving. 3. Join A LIFE Group.
- This Easter Weekend Coastal is having 7 Services: Friday, April 10th, 7pm; Saturday, April 11th, 3pm, 4:30pm, 6pm; Sunday, April 12th, 8:30am, 10am, 11:30am. With 7 Services it’s ALL HANDS ON DECK! In other words, we need all volunteers serving multiple services. Check with your LIFE Team Leader and go ahead and sign up now. If you are not yet serving, respond to this email or indicate your interest on your Connect Card, and we will help you find a place to serve God by serving others! Our goal this year is to reach over 2000 people over the Easter Weekend!
P.S. Each and every Saturday morning at 9:30am we’re looking for volunteers to come and help “unstack” and set up our chairs in the auditorium for our Sunday services. If you are interested in being part of our “chair ministry”, please respond to this email or reach out to Ken Bartlett. It’s a great way to get some exercise, meet other people, and serve our church all at the same time!