The pictures above are from this past Wednesday’s service project with Soldier’s Angels – where we help distribute food to local low income Veteran families. And then after the event was over a group of volunteers from Coastal took some of the leftover food and literally hit the streets and gave the food away! One week from today, Friday, July 17th, 9:30am-11:30am, Coastal will be serving with the Lowcountry Orphan Relief. If you are interested in being a part of this opportunity, sign up on your online Connect Card or reach out to Pastor Chris Jones. Coastal, this is what it’s all about, this is what we’re supposed to be doing. A lot of people today are making a lot of noise, but very few seem to be actually doing something. This Sunday I’ll be talking about justice. In Micah 6:8 the word for justice literally mean to “do the right thing, compassion moved to action.” That’s what I love about our church – compassion moved to action!
Don’t forget that for the time being we are only having ONE in-person service at 9:30am. We will continue to offer our services online at 9:30am, 11:15am, and 6:00pm. We will closely monitor the situation and our capacity to offer social distancing in our auditorium. In other words, as the numbers improve in our community (go down) and more and more people start returning to in-person worship (go up), we will open up the 11:15am service. Also, keep in mind that our church will be following the City of Charleston’s mask mandate. If you don’t have a mask, we will gladly provide one as you enter. As always, if you’re sick, immunocompromised, or caring for those who are, PLEASE stay home and engage with our church online.
And speaking of Sunday – this Sunday, along with 25 other churches in Charleston we are kicking off the 3 week “UNDIVIDED” series! The theme verse for the whole series is Micah 6:8 (NLT), “No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.” This is what God expects of us and this what we’ll be talking about each week: to do what is right (some translations say to “do justice”), to love mercy, and to walk humbly with God. Don’t miss this series – EITHER in-person at 9:30am OR online at 9:30am, 11:15am, or 6pm.LIFE & LOVE!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- Our “Summer Reading” series starts Sunday, August 2nd. “Summer Reading” is another favorite Summer tradition here at Coastal where we pick a group of books for you to read over the Summer and then the subject matter of each of those books becomes the sermon topic for that particular Sunday. There will be a very small number of the books available for purchase (at a discounted price) at the church beginning this Sunday, July 12th. Here are all the books and their Amazon link. Happy Reading!
- Different by Chris Singleton (pick up your FREE copy at the church starting July 12th)
- Hope In The Dark by Craig Groschel
- Anxious for Nothing by Max Lucado
- Relationship Goals by Michael Todd
- Unexpected by Christine Caine
- Dream Big by Bob Goff
- Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles That Can Radically Change Your Family by Paul Tripp
2. I know it seems like a long way off, but we are in the process of thinking through and planning for ourFall Semester of LIFE Groups. If you are interested in possibly leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group (in person or online), please sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or respond to this email. If you have any questions you can also reach out to Pastor Scott Huff at email@example.com.
3. Interested in officially making Coastal your church family! Our next Membership Class is tomorrow (Saturday) morning, 9am-11:30am. You can either join us in-person or online through Zoom. If you haven’t already registered, you can respond to this email or sign up on right now from our website.
4. At some point later this Summer our Coastal Kidz Children’s Ministry will be GOING PORTABLE and meeting across the street at Orange Grove Middle School (where everyone parks). One of the ways that you can help is to join a new Ministry Team called “Coastal Kidz Set-Up Team.” Our Set-Up Team will be the ones who unload our trailer (located behind Orange Grove) and set up our Coastal Kidz Classrooms and environments on Sunday mornings before church and then break down everything and load up the trailer after both services are over. If you are interested in serving on this team you can respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday.
5. The Operation Christmas Child “donation of the month” for July are new socks/t-shirts. You can now drop off OCC items at church on Sunday mornings or during the week. If you have any questions, please reach out to Teresa Spell.
P.S. If you consider Coastal your church home or if you have been blessed by the ministry of our church, we want to encourage you to continue to be faithful with your generosity. If you would like us to mail you offering envelopes or step you through online giving, please respond to this email or call the church office (843-571-1777). Your weekly gifts are a vital resource that allows us to continue the work that God has called us to do. When you continue to give during this crisis, your gifts allow us to maintain critical ministries that many depend on. Thank you so much for your faithfulness!