So here’s the deal – there are only 3 weeks left until Commitment Sunday – November 10th! That’s right – only 3 weeks! It’s hard to believe it’s almost here! What is Commitment Sunday you ask? Hopefully, you’re fully aware of what Commitment Sunday is, but for those of you who have been living under a rock, Commitment Sunday is where we are asking everyone who considers Coastal their home (YOU) to bring a sacrificial offering and a 3 year commitment above and beyond your regular giving toward our Daring Faith Campaign in order to build Phase 2 on our campus (all of which has been spelled out in great detail in our Daring Faith Magazine). We are asking you to sacrifice and give the largest offering you have personally ever given on November 10th. And when together we each make that same generous sacrifice, that’s when God shows up and does a miracle.
So, just to be clear, it’s on Commitment Sunday, November 10th where you will turn in your Sacrificial Offering AND your Commitment Card. Your Offering PLUS your 3 year commitment EQUALS your Daring Faith Commitment. We will mail out another Commitment Card the week before November 10th, and obviously you can pick up one at church on Sunday. If for some reason you can’t be in church on November 10th, you can turn in your Commitment Card & Offering early or during the week immediately after the 10th. We want all Cards and Offering turned in no later than that week so we can make the Big Announcement on Sunday, November 17th – Miracle Sunday! Simply designate everything that you give toward Daring Faith now and over the next 3 years with the words, “Daring Faith.”
By the way, typically between Thanksgiving and the first week of January we challenge everyone to give above and beyond to a special Christmas Offering. We will NOT be doing that this year! Instead we are simply going to designate our entire Christmas Eve Offering to outreach & evangelism – Saturday Serve, Benevolence, Oakland Elementary School, & Easter. This year, Daring Faith and November 10th is the only challenge and special offering we are asking you to consider.
Remember it’s not equal gifts. We all can’t give the same amount. It’s equal sacrifice. And, this is important, EVERY gift & commitment card counts, and EVERY gift & commitment card matters! Together, we all get to be the pioneers and leave a legacy for the next generation. Please take the time and read through the Daring Faith Magazine one more time to prayerfully determine what you and your family will give and what you will commit to give over 3 years. And as always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Daring to Believe With You!
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
- We are now uploading our sermon notes to the free YouVersion Bible app each week through its “events” section. All you need to do is open your app once the service begins, click on “more” in the bottom right corner, then click on “events.” That will bring up a list of churches where you will click on “Coastal” to bring up the day’s sermon notes. You will have each point and Scripture in front of you with the ability to “add (personal) notes” in each section. After the message you will want to “save” the event for later reference and you can also email the notes through clicking “share event” then “export event contents.” Enjoy!
- This is the last week to bring in bags of candy for Oakland Elementary School’s Annual “Trunk or Treat” on Thursday night, October 24th, 5-6:30pm.
- We’re looking for volunteers to serve over at Oakland Elementary School this year – the Elementary School across the street from our church. At Coastal, we believe that if you change the life of a child, you help to change the world! We have a special relationship with Oakland that has been built on years and years of service and generosity (and quite a few doughnuts and lots of coffee). If you would be willing to assist in a classroom, help classes in the lunchroom, or even be a Lunch Buddy, please respond to this email or reach out to Susan Cumbie at Susan.Cumbie@us.bosch.com. They are specifically asking for MALE Mentors. 5 of the 6 mentors who have responded so far are women (thanks ladies!), but the guidance counselor would really like to have a few more men. This can be a full fledged mentor, or a “lunch buddy” where you eat with the same student once a week or month (lunches last 20 min).
- New to Coastal? Join us Sunday, November 3rd, in the Welcome Center immediately following the 11:15am service for our next Newcomers Reception. This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card. You can also simply respond to this email and let us know that you’re coming.
- Between now and November 10th we’re asking everyone to bring any toys that will fit in a shoe box (no perishables, liquids, used items, candy, or toys associated with war or fighting). We will be Sorting & Setting Upeverything on Friday, November 15th, 4-8pm. Our Wrapping & Packing Party will be Saturday morning, November 16th, 10am at the church. Here are some suggested things to bring: Hot Wheels cars, children’s jewelry, small balls, stuffed animals, books, noise makers, yo-yo’s, travel size games, cards, small craft kits, stickers, flashlights with batteries, brushes, combs, toothbrushes, hairbands, small notebooks, pencils, pens, erasers, solar powered calculators, markers, crayons, colored pencils, pencil sharpeners, rulers, socks.
P.S. To celebrate all that God has done through our church through our Daring Faith Campaign, we’re going to have a Tailgate Party & Outdoor Baptism! On Sunday, November 17th, out on our front lawn after both services we’ll have Tailgaters, jump castles, and outdoor activities for the kids. We’ll provide the food, we just need people who would like to represent their team and sign up to tailgate! You can sign up on your Connect Card or respond to this email. Also, please let us know if you would like to get Baptized on this day!