It’s hard to believe that this week marks TWO YEARS since we’ve been in our new facility!! Let that sink in for just a moment. Look at the pictures above – just a small, small sampling during construction. Our new facility has literally affected almost everything we do in such a positive way, and it gets used almost every day of the week. Two years ago, during the first 4 weeks in October, our average Coastal Kidz attendance was 104. This year, those same 4 weeks, Coastal Kidz has averaged 236! Our overall attendance average 2 years ago during the first 4 weeks of October was 495. This year, those same 4 weeks, our overall attendance has been 927 (in September we were over 1000 two different times)! All of that in just 2 years!
What’s funny to me, is that in some ways, we already take all of it for granted – like this is just the way it’s always been. I understand how that happens, but I never want to do that. Sure, buildings and facilities are just tools. But when they are leveraged for ministry and for the Kingdom, they can make a huge IMPACT! And for me, they also symbolize our faith. They are something tangible and physical that remind me that a group of people decided to step out in faith and trust God, that we believed that God wasn’t finished with us, that He wants us to keep growing and keep reaching our community, and leave a legacy for the generations to come. I never want to forget that, and I never want to take any of that or our growth for granted.
It also reminds me of the generosity of our church, that a group of people dared to believe God with their finances and sacrificially give above and beyond to make it happen! But do you know what else it reminds me? That God’s not finished with us, that there is more to be done, there are more people to reach with the Gospel, there are more children to share Jesus with, there are more hurting people to heal, more hungry people to feed, more people to clothe, more lives to change.
And guess what? Last week, I had a meeting with LS3P, our architect, to begin the process of planning for our next building phase – a dedicated worship space that seats close to 1000 people and more Coastal Kidz space! We probably won’t get started on that for at least another year, but we learned a long time ago, that you’ve got to start planning early. But I can see it! Can you? It’s obvious to me that God is not finished with Coastal, and He’s not finished with YOU! So join us in this mission to share and experience the LIFE and LOVE of Jesus with Charleston and the world! Step out in faith and attempt something great for God! Keep reaching out and inviting your friends and neighbors to join us at Coastal! Keep giving your money generously and sacrificially to support the vision and mission here! Keep serving and loving our community with us! I love you Coastal, I love being your Pastor, and I love what we get to do together! And I can’t wait to see you Sunday!
LIFE & LOVE!
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS
Clothing Team: Our Coastal Clothing Team will be organizing and sorting clothes, TODAY, Friday, November 3rd, 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 2952 Old Pond Road on Johns Island.
Chair Set-Up: Come and help set up our chairs in the auditorium, TOMORROW, Saturday, November 4th, 7:30am.
Saturday Serve: The foundation of all of our serving opportunities at Coastal really starts with Saturday Serve – the first Saturday of every month. The next Saturday Serve is TOMORROW, Saturday, November 4th. We meet in the Welcome Center/Cafe at 8:30am, project leaders make a “pitch” for their serving opportunity, and then we serve!
Blood Drive: THIS Saturday, TOMORROW, November 4th, 8:30am-1:30pm (during Saturday Serve), our church is hosting a Blood Drive! The Blood Connection mobile truck will be in our parking lot. Go online and schedule an appointment! Let’s help our community!
Clothing Team: Our Coastal Clothing Team will be organizing and sorting clothes, Monday, November 6th, 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 2952 Old Pond Road on Johns Island.
Food Pantry Sort & Stock: Coastal feeds an enormous amount of people. Come to the church and help keep our Food Pantry organized (and have a lot of fun while you’re at it)! Thursday, November 9th, 11:30am-1pm.
Coffee & Doughnuts with the Vets at Patriot Villas – Friday, November 10th, 8:30am-11:30am. Meet at Coastal.
Clothing Team: Our Coastal Clothing Team will be organizing and sorting clothes, Friday, November 10th, 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 2952 Old Pond Road on Johns Island.
Double Tailgate Day: Charleston Vets & Joseph Floyd Manor: Saturday, November 11th, 10am-1pm. Meet at the church and then pick which Tailgate you’d like to serve.
As always, if you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- Operation Christmas Child (OCC) – sharing the love of Jesus and the Good News of the Gospel through gifts & supplies in a simple shoebox for children in troubled countries/areas all around the world! You guys are AMAZING! We had 1000 shoeboxes that we were handing out – and they are ALL gone! So now we’re simply asking you to fill the boxes you took home and then bring them back to the church between now and Sunday, November 12th. Way to go Coastal!
- Mark your calendar for our next Coastal Night of Worship – THIS Wednesday night, November 8th, 6:30-8pm! Invite your friends and family to join us for a night of prayer, worship, and encouragement. RSVP now for childcare (birth-kindergarten) on your Connect Card.
- If you’re fairly new to Coastal, a great next step is our Newcomers Reception. Our next Newcomers Reception is Sunday, December 3rd, in our Chapel immediately following the 11:30am service (at approximately 12:45pm). This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. You can sign up on our website today!
- Oakland Elementary School Teacher Classroom Wishlist Tags! ALL tags have been taken. So now, simply purchase the items, and return them to the church (tagged, but not wrapped) by Sunday, November 19th. Questions? Contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
P.S. Grief Share will be hosting a free, one night event THIS Monday, November 6th, at 2pm OR 6pm, called, “Surviving the Holidays.” This event will help you discover how to deal with the difficult emotions of the holiday season, give helpful tips on how to survive social events, and discover hope for the future. Contact Sue Muoio at email@example.com questions or register at www.griefshare.org.