WOW – what a great kick off to “Christmas at Coastal” this past Sunday! All the decorations were a huge hit, we had a big crowd (955), lots of guests, a Newcomer’s Reception, our new Coastal Christmas ornament (still have plenty if you didn’t get one), and we had our 113th Baptism of the year! It just doesn’t get any better than that!
This Saturday, TOMORROW, there are 3 great serving opportunities. First of all, we are Tailgating downtown at Joseph Floyd Manor. In addition to our normal tailgating fun, we’ll be doing a couple of special “Christmas things” – providing a stocking with goodies, and a coffee & hot chocolate bar for all the residents! If you are interested in serving, you can sign up online, and meet at the church at 10am.
Next, we are providing a Children’s Craft Station at two large neighborhoods in West Ashley (Boltlon’s Landing AND Carolina Bay) for their Christmas Festivals! For the Bolton’s Landing project (10am-1pm), we’ll meet at the church at 9am. For the Carolina Bay project (2pm-5pm) we’ll meet at the Carolina Bay Park at 1pm. Not only is this a great opportunity to represent Coastal and to love on a neighborhood in West Ashley, but it’s also an opportunity to invite people to our Christmas Eve services! Sign up for either project online.
And then, on Saturday, December 16th, we’re hosting Christmas at Charleston Vets! It’s a Christmas Party with music, a home-cooked meal, Christmas gifts, stockings, and coffee & hot chocolate bar. This will largely be the only Christmas these veterans will get. In other words, Coastal is Charleston Vet’s Christmas.
And as always, you guys never cease to amaze me! The food for this event has already been accounted for and ALL the Gift Tags have been taken from the Gift Tag Tree. If you took a Gift Tag, please return the gifts, unwrapped with the gift tag from the tree, no later than Wednesday, December 13th. But there are two ways left to help:
1. Link for Stocking Stuffers Signup
2. Signup to serve at the event (or any of our other outreach events)! coastalcommunitychurch.org/missions
A couple more exciting things: On Monday and Tuesday of this coming week, we’re meeting with LS3P (our Architects) as we begin to make plans for our next building – a worship space that will seat approximately 1000 people! And finally, Aly Huggins is our new Assistant Children’s Director, working alongside my wife Janet. She was already serving in Coastal Kidz as our Elementary Coordinator and now she’s moving into this new role. Exciting stuff! I love you Coastal, I love being your Pastor, and I love what we get to do together!
LIFE & LOVE!
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
Coffee & Doughnuts with the Vets at Patriot Villas: TODAY, Friday, December 8th, 8:30am-11am. Meet at Coastal.
Lowcountry Orphan Relief: Lowcountry Orphan Relief provides support services and aid to meet the needs of Lowcountry children identified as at-risk or suffering from abandonment, abuse and/or neglect. Coastal will be serving there, TODAY, Friday, December 8th & Friday, December 15th, 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 1850 Truxton Ave in North Charleston.
Joseph Floyd Manor Tailgate: Saturday, December 9th, 10am-1pm. Meet at the church and then head downtown to put on a Tailgate for the residents of Joseph Floyd Manor.
Bolton’s Landing Holiday Market Serve Team: Saturday, December 9th, 9am-1pm. We’re setting up tents and tables with Christmas Crafts for the children of Bolton’s Landing. Meet at the church.
Carolina Bay Christmas Festival Serve Team: Saturday, December 9th, 1pm-5pm. We’re setting up tents and tables with Christmas Crafts for the children/families of Carolina Bay. Meet at the park at Carolina Bay.
Soldier’s Angels: We’ll be helping with the Veteran’s Mobile Food Distribution, Tuesday, December 12th, 8am-1pm. Meet at 1113 Sam Rittenburg Blvd. (The Elks Lodge).
Food Pantry Sort & Stock: Coastal feeds an enormous amount of people. Come to the church and help keep our Food Pantry organized (and have a lot of fun while you’re at it)! Thursday, December 14th, 11:30am-1pm.
Packing & Staging Christmas at Charleston Vets: Come help us get everything ready for our Christmas Party out at Charleston Vets! Friday, December 15th, 6-7pm, at the church.
Christmas Party at Charleston Vets: It’s a Christmas Party with music, a home-cooked meal, Christmas gifts, stockings, and coffee & hot chocolate bar. This will largely be the only Christmas these veterans will get. In other words, Coastal is Charleston Vet’s Christmas. Saturday, December 16th, 10am-2pm. Meet at the church.
Hope Center Tailgate: The Hope Center, managed by the city of Charleston, serves as a one-stop shop in downtown Charleston to assist those who are homeless or who are at-risk of being homeless. We’re sending a Tailgate Team to serve dinner to anyone who is hungry. We meet at Coastal on Tuesday, December 19th, 12pm-3pm.
As always, if you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- Don’t forget, we’re having 4 Christmas Eve Services: Saturday, December 23rd, 4pm & 6pm and Sunday, December 24th, 4pm & 6pm (no Sunday morning services on the 24th). Please be in touch with your LIFE Team Leaders about serving! During all 4 services our Coastal Kidz are encouraged to wear their PJ’s and enjoy pizza and a Christmas Movie with a message!
- There is a Coastal Security Team Meeting TOMORROW, Saturday, December 9th, 10:30am-11:30am at the church. This meeting is for all current Security Team Members or those interested in serving. Lunch (hamburgers & hotdogs) provided immediately following the meeting. Please email Brigette Callahan to let us know you plan on attending.
- Don’t forget to give to this year’s Annual Christmas Offering! Much of our Outreach is funded every year through our Christmas Offering. Our goal is $125,000. Every gift counts, every gift matters. Among other things we are using the offering to purchase another Box Truck for Clothing Distribution, New Life Children’s Home in Peru, VBS, a Sudan Mission Trip, & Soldier’s Angels Food Distribution. The money is also used for Benevolence & General Outreach. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. The easiest and fastest way to give to the Christmas Offering is through TEXTing the word “GIVE” to 843-571-1777 and then follow the simple instructions. Just make sure you designate your gift “Christmas.”
- There will be two informational meetings with Q&A in between services in the Chapel THIS Sunday, December 10th. Please stop by to meet with Pastor Scott and hear about the trip, cost, and dates for our Peru Mission Trip in 2024!
P.S. We are in the planning stages for our SPRING LIFE GROUPS! Would you possibly be interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group this new year? The Spring Semester begins in February and depending on the Group, lasts for 8-12 weeks. Sign up on your Connect Card or contact Pastor Scott Huff at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in leading a Group. Training for new Spring LIFE Group Leaders will be offered in-person on Tuesday, January 16th, 6:30-8pm or Saturday, January 20th, 9-10:30am. Returning Leader’s Training will be online on Thursday, January 25th, 8-8:45pm. All Leaders only need to attend one session. RSVP on your Connect Card.