Just like Saturday Serve, we’re going to make it as easy as possible for you to sign up, show up, and serve. There is a page on our website where you can literally go and see each project listed in chronological order, the day and time, and all the information you need. You click a button to sign up and that’s it. You can also pick up a Catalog on Sunday that explains all of the opportunities and then sign up on your Connect Card. On Sunday, August 5th we’ll conclude Summer of IMPACTwith a 2nd Beach Baptism AND a cookout/party immediately afterwards to celebrate all that God has done over the Summer! So, go check out the website and dates, look at your calendar, and sign up for multiple events/days.
There are LOTS of days, times, and events to choose from – everything from serving our Veterans, feeding the homeless, helping the elderly, and much, much more – even opportunities for the whole family to do together! I also want you to talk it up with your friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers and invite them to join you. Even people who don’t go to church and don’t know the Lord are looking for ways to do something significant with their lives. Leverage that God given desire and invite people to join you! Here’s the web address: https://coastalcommunitychurch.org/outreach/
Making An IMPACT With You,
Father of the Bride – Pastor Chris
Here are this week’s “Friday 5”:
1. We announced earlier that Coastal will be hosting Oakland Elementary School’s 5th Grade Graduation Ceremony on Wednesday, May 30th at 9:30am. Well, we’re also hosting Orange Grove Middle School’s 8th Grade Award Ceremony! Their Award Ceremony will be the next day, Thursday, May 31st at 10:15am. Needless to say, we’ll be pulling out all the stops for both schools! This is a great opportunity to make a real IMPACT in our Community! Many people have already volunteered for the Wednesday morning Oakland Graduation, but if you’re available for the Thursday morning Awards Ceremony for Orange Grove, simply respond to this email.
2. We have almost 20 people signed up for our BEACH BAPTISM Services on Folly Beach (down at the County Park), Sunday, June 10th, at 4pm! Love for you to join them! You can sign up online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or simply respond to this email. This is a powerful experience that you will never forget! We’re having a 2ND BEACH BAPTISM on Sunday, August 5th, 4pm at Folly Beach County Park. We’ll also be having a church wide cookout/party at the Pelican Watch Shelter immediately following the Baptism on August 5th to celebrate Summer of IMPACT!
3. Mark your calendars and save this date – Coastal’s VBS this year is Monday, July 16th – Friday, July 20th, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. The theme is Shipwrecked – Rescued by Jesus! Registration is now open! Spread the word and register today! Please fill out the VBS Volunteer Insert in this Sunday’s Bulletin to indicate where you would be willing to serve!
4. On Sunday, June 3rd, we kick off one of our favorite sermon series of the year – “At the Movies!” It’s where we use current, popular movies as a hook to talk about spiritual truth! This year’s theme is, “Heroes Assemble!” As always with this series there will be popcorn and several fun giveaways! Each week of the series ALL 1st time Guests will receive a FREE MOVIE TICKET to Citadel Mall Theater. In fact, if you bring a guest with you to church, come over to the blue Welcome/Guest Tent and not only will your guest get a ticket, but you will too! So – who are you inviting?
5. It is the faithful, consistent, generous giving of our people that make all of Coastal’s outreach and ministry possible – period. There are multiple ways to give “digitally” at Coastal. You can give through our website, our App, or TEXT any amount to 843-277-8337! It’s simple, safe, secure, and convenient! If you’re going to be out of town this weekend, it’s the perfect opportunity to give it a try!
P.S. If you haven’t heard yet, Pastor Scott and I are leading a Trip to the Holy Land – a trip of a life time! The dates are November 5-14, 2018. The cost is $4200 (could be less depending on how many people go). If you are interested in going or have any questions, reach out to Pastor Scott at email@example.com.