What an amazing week at Coastal! First of all, we had a great kick-off to our “Financial Freedom” series – lots of excitement, lots of energy, lots of guests, and most importantly 2 more people gave their life to Christ! This Sunday we’ll be talking about breaking free from the bondage of materialism. Don’t miss it!
So far 225 people have already signed up to participate in our Easter Fast! Wow! The Easter Fast begins this Sunday, February 18th and continues until Good Friday, March 30th. A Fast is a period of time where you give up something physical to focus yourself spiritually. What do you fast? Well, it’s different for different people. It’s probably the thing that first comes to mind when you start considering to fast. It might be some form of technology or social media that seems to have a stronghold in your life. It could be television. It might be some specific type of food or food group – sugar, caffeine, sodas, meat, etc (if you have any health concerns, please consult a doctor). It could be drinking or smoking. It could be time – where you get up earlier each day for 40 days and have a quiet time. It could be gossip or negative words. You decide that for 40 days nothing negative will come out of your mouth. It could be worry. You pray. You decide. Read through Matthew 6:16-18. Don’t make a big deal or a fuss about it. Don’t post it on Facebook. If you would like to share with us what you decide to fast, you can, but you don’t have to. If you haven’t already signed up to join with us, simply respond to this email or you can sign up on Sunday on your Connect Card. We’ll be adding you to a specific email group and will send out weekly notes of encouragement and information over the course of the fast.
The other exciting thing about this week is that our 2018 Winter/Spring LIFE Group Semester has started! From all reports, we’ve had a great week! But don’t worry, it’s still not too late to join a Group. In fact, you can check out our 2018 Winter/Spring Semester LIFE Group Catalog online and sign up today!
- Looking for a way to serve our community and make an IMPACT? Come and be a part of Saturday Serve! Saturday Serve meets the first Saturday of every month (the next one is March 3rd) at 8:30am in the Welcome Center. They explain all the different opportunities that day, pray, and then send every off. For more information or to share any ideas or to be added to a “Saturday Serve” Group, contact Kiersten Brown 918-798-7299 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our website each month to check out the different areas of service: https://coastalcommunitychurch.org/connect/missions-outreach/.
- Want to feel more comfortable in sharing your story and your faith with people God puts in your life? Want to feel like you’re ready and prepared to make an IMPACT? Then sign up for our IMPACT Seminar, Friday night, March 9th, 6pm-9pm at the church. We’ll provide childcare and food! Sign on up on your Connect Card or respond to this email (we already have 38 people registered!).
- Our next Newcomer’s Reception is Sunday, February 25th, immediately after our 11:15am service (it’s only about 30 minutes). Childcare and pizza are provided. You can sign up for our Newcomer’s Reception on our website or simply by responding to this email now. This is a great opportunity for anyone new to Coastal to meet our Staff, our Ministry Leaders, and learn more about Coastal! It’s a great introduction to Coastal!
- We’re having 4 Easter Services this year: Friday, March 30, 7pm, Sunday, April 1st, 8am, 9:30am, 11:15am. Our goal is to break 1200! Start praying now!
- The mom who was attacked and had her child abducted this week on John’s Island is a part of Coastal’s MOPS (Mother’s of Preschoolers) Group. It was such a miraculous answer to prayer that the little girl was found and returned to her family. Please continue to pray for the Todd family as they recover and put the pieces of their family back together. Our MOPS ministry organized meals for the famliy (already full) and is now collecting restaurant (close to MUSC downtown) gift cards. If you would like to donate a gift card or help with other possible needs, please contact Carol Wessel: 843-725-8670 or email@example.com.
P.S. Have 30 minutes you could spare on a Saturday morning? Enjoy getting a little exercise, hanging out with some cool people, making an IMPACT? Come help set up the chairs in our “worshi-gym-a-torium” Saturday morning (tomorrow) at 9am!