This past Wednesday night our Student Ministry (6th-12 Grade) had an AWESOME Thanksgiving Party – games, fire pits, a traditional sit down Thanksgiving meal, and a great message on Gratitude (see pictures above and below)! You know one thing that I’m grateful for? Our Youth Pastor Jacob Bonetti and his heart for Students, the Word of God, and Coastal! And parents YOU need to make sure your Student and their friends are here on Wednesday nights (6pm – Doors Open for Food & Games, 6:30-8pm – Message & Small Groups)! Now, they won’t be meeting this coming Wednesday night (the night before Thanksgiving), but start making it a priority. It’s amazing to me how parents will go to great lengths, spending lots of money and time, to make sure their kids are involved in all kinds of things and get them to those things (things that really won’t make ANY eternal difference), but won’t put the same amount or more effort in getting them to church. Parents, if this applies to you, I’m calling you out! Let’s do better. Also, registration is now OPEN for their Winter Retreat! They’ll be going to the Strength to Stand Student Conference in Pigeon Forge TN, January 13-16. Cost is $150. If you’d like to sponsor a Student, please see Jacob. Deadline for signups and payment is December 31st. Not only does Coastal have a great Youth Pastor, but we have a great Team of Volunteers who give of their time and energy to love and serve our Students. If we are going to be a growing and thriving church on into the future, we have to make children and students a priority! If you have any questions about Student Ministry here at Coastal, or would like to learn how you can get involved, please reach out to our Youth Pastor Jacob Bonetti. It could possibly be one of the most rewarding things you do with your life. In fact, you are here today, Coastal is here today, because a friend invited me to Youth Group, a Youth Group with a great Youth Pastor and a great group of volunteers who loved me and showed me Jesus! And I am eternally grateful for them!
I love you Coastal, I love being your Pastor, and I love what we get to do together! And I can’t wait to see you over the weekend!
LIFE & LOVE!
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
Coffee & Doughnuts with the Vets at Patriot Villas – TODAY, Friday, November 18th, 8:30am-11am. Meet at Coastal.
Hope Center Tailgate (Adults Only Project): The Hope Center, managed by the city of Charleston, serves as a one-stop shop in downtown Charleston to assist those who are homeless or who are at-risk of being homeless. We’re sending a Tailgate Team to serve dinner to anyone who is hungry. We meet at Coastal on Tuesday, November 29th, 3pm-6pm.
Coffee & Doughnuts with the Vets at Patriot Villas – Friday, December 2nd, 8:30am-11:30am. Meet at Coastal.
Clothing Team: Our Coastal Clothing Team will be organizing and sorting clothes Friday, December 2nd, 9am-11am. Meet at 2952 Old Pond Road on Johns Island.
Saturday Serve – The foundation of all of our serving opportunities at Coastal really starts with Saturday Serve – the first Saturday of every month. The next Saturday Serve is Saturday, December 3rd. We meet in the Welcome Center/Cafe at 8:30am, project leaders make a “pitch” for their serving opportunity, and then we serve!
As always, if you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- With Thanksgiving fast approaching we’re already planning for Christmas at Charleston Vets! On Saturday, December 17th, we’ll descend on Charleston Vets in North Charleston and provide the veterans a homecooked Christmas meal, a Christmas stocking packed full of home-baked Christmas cookies, Christmas gifts for every veteran, a coffee and hot chocolate bar, a craft table so the kids can make gifts for the veterans, Christmas music and more!
Want to help? First you can sign up to serve by going to: www.coastalcommunitychurch.org/missions.
You can also help to prepare the meal. Go to this link to see what we need and then sign up to help: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904044FA4A929A1FA7-veterans
You can also help with baking cookies for the stockings. To help lend a hand with the baking, you can sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904044FA4A929A1FA7-christmas
Lastly, we’ll have a table in the rear of the auditorium beginning next Sunday, November 27th, with an “Adopt-A-Vet” Christmas Tree. Grab an ornament to help provide Christmas gifts for the veterans. We’ll provide you with a list of sizes and favorites for each vet. So many ways to serve, make an eternal impact, and a memorable Christmas for these local vets!
- Our goal for our 10th Annual Christmas Offering is $125,000! Beginning this Sunday, through Sunday, January 15th (9 weeks), we are encouraging our entire Coastal family to give above and beyond their regular tithes and offering to this year’s Christmas Offering. To give, all you have to do is designate your gift “Christmas” on your check, offering envelope, online, or TEXTing (843-571-1777). You can give your gift during those 9 weeks (Nov. 20th – Jan. 15th) at any of our regular Sunday morning services, or anytime through TEXTing (text “give” to 843-571-1777), or our website. You might also consider giving it all at once during one of our 3 Christmas Eve Services (Friday, December 23rd, 7pm, Saturday, December 24th, 4:30pm, & 6pm). Our entire Christmas Eve offering will go toward our Annual Christmas Offering. With this year’s offering we are purchasing a 15 passenger van, sound equipment, golf carts, and buying Christmas gifts for all of the children of the New Life Children’s Home in Peru.
- SPRING LIFE GROUP LEADERS! If you are interested in Leading, Co-Leading, or Hosting a Spring 2023 LIFE Group, sign up on your Connect Card. For more details or to answer any of your questions, please reach out to Pastor Scott Huff.
- If you would like to help decorate our facility for Christmas, please be at the church on Monday, November 28th at 9am (this is not for children). Our Christmas at Coastal series kicks off on Sunday, December 4th! Our 3 Christmas Eve services will be on Friday, December 23rd, 7pm, and Saturday, December 24th, 4:30pm, & 6pm. Please be in touch with your LIFE Team Leaders about serving! On Christmas Day, Sunday, December 25th, our services will be online only.
P.S. New Year’s Day falls on a Sunday this year – Sunday, January 1st, 2023! And to celebrate we’re having a Baptism Service! We can’t think of a better way to start the new year right, than by being buried with Christ through Baptism, and being raised to walk in the new life (Colossians 2:12). It’s a new life for a new year! There will only be one service that day – 9:30am. If you would like to participate, sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up on our website!