First of all, I just want to say what an AWESOME LIFE GROUP SUNDAY we had this past Sunday! I can’t thank all of our LIFE Group Leaders enough for all of their hard work and creativity! They “knocked it out of the park!” The excitement, fun, and enthusiasm in the room was unbelieveable! Plus, are you ready for this? So far we’ve had over 649 individual adults sign up for LIFE Groups and over 981 total signups (meaning some of you LOVE you some LIFE Groups and have signed up for multiple groups – haha)! That’s AWESOME! We also had 1070 people in attendance this past Sunday!
Don’t forget that this Sunday, September 17th, we jump back into our Romans series, “Join the Revolution!” For the next 11 weeks, we’ll be going through Romans 12-16. After 11 chapters earlier this year of deep and profound theology about what God has done for us in Christ, these last 5 chapters of Romans become very practical. They’re all about how we should live out these great truths in our everyday lives! So don’t miss any of it! We’ll also be emailing out a daily devotional, Monday-Friday that will coincide with each week’s passage from Romans. I’m praying that God will use this series and this semester as a great season of growth in your life and in the life of our church. I love you Coastal! I love being your Pastor! And I love what we get to do together!
Join the Revolution!
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
VA Stand Down for the Homeless: Coastal will be providing a Tailgate for Veterans attending the VA’s Stand Down for homelessness. Today, Friday, September 15th, 10am-1:30pm.
Hope Center Tailgate: The Hope Center, managed by the city of Charleston, serves as a one-stop shop in downtown Charleston to assist those who are homeless or who are at-risk of being homeless. We’re sending a Tailgate Team to serve dinner to anyone who is hungry. We meet at Coastal on Tuesday, September 19th, 12pm-3pm.
VA Hospitality Project: This team serves at the VA Hospital in Charleston by providing a hospitality cart, greeting incoming patients and employees, visiting patients, and helping Volunteer Services with small sorting projects. Wednesday, September 20th, 8:30am-12pm. Meet at Coastal.
Patriot Villas Veterans Tailgate & Game Night: We will be putting on a Tailgate for the Veterans at Patriot Villas on Thursday, September 21st, 6-8pm. Meet at Coastal.
Coffee & Doughnuts with the Vets at Patriot Villas – Friday, September 22nd, 8:30am-11:30am. Meet at Coastal.
Lowcountry Orphan Relief: Lowcountry Orphan Relief provides support services and aid to meet the needs of Lowcountry children identified as at-risk or suffering from abandonment, abuse and/or neglect. Coastal will be serving there Friday, September 22nd, 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 1850 Truxton Ave in North Charleston.
Downtown Charleston “Hotdog Ministry”: We will be grilling and serving hotdogs to the homeless and hungry downtown! Friday, September 29th, 4-6pm. Meet at Coastal.
Oakland Reading Partners Orientation: We’re looking for volunteers to be a part of a Reading Program at Oakland Elementary School. Orientation and Training Meeting, Wednesday, October 4th, 1-2:30pm (see #3 below).
As always, if you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- If you’re fairly new to Coastal, a great next step is our Newcomers Reception. Our next Newcomers Reception is Sunday, October 8th, in our Chapel immediately following the 11:30am service (at approximately 12:45pm). This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. You can sign up on our website today!
- Looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity to make a real IMPACT in the next generation right here in our community? Join the Oakland Elementary School Reading Partners Team! As a Reading Partners Volunteer at Oakland Elementary School, you’ll work closely with a K-5th Grade Student who is struggling with reading. You’ll help provide one-on-one tutoring and support through structured lessons and engaging activities – all of which is provided through Reading Partners. If you are interested, RSVP on your Connect Card for the Orientation & Training Event at Coastal on Wednesday, October 4th, 1-2:30pm.
- CSM (Coastal Student Ministry – 6th-12th Grade) is officially back for their Fall semester! They meet on Sunday nights, 5:30pm-7pm (doors open at 5pm), for games, worship, a message, and small groups. Bring your Students, and we encourage them to invite a friend! They won’t want to miss it! If you have any questions, you can email Pastor Jacob at email@example.com.
- Interested in officially making the Coastal church family, your church family? Our next Membership Class is Thursday, October 19th, 6-9pm in the Chapel. You can respond to this email, sign up on our website, or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. Dinner & childcare provided!
P.S. Now that school is back in session and all of our LIFE Groups get started next week, we are stacking and packing all of our chairs each Sunday after the 11:30am service and setting them up each Saturday morning. Many of our LIFE Groups will be signing up for Chair Set Up each Saturday, but we could always use help. The first Saturday of each month, chair Set-Up is at 7:30am (one hour before Saturday Serve). The second Saturday of each month, Chair Set-Up is at 9am (one hour before Double Tailgate). All other Saturdays, Chair Set-Up is at 8am. For example, THIS Saturday, September 16th we’ll be setting up chairs at 8am. Saturday, September 23rd at 8am. And Saturday, September 30th at 8am. With 10 or more people it takes less than 30 minutes. I hope you’ll join us!