So, have you signed up for a LIFE Group yet? If you haven’t heard, we have unveiled our 2023 Fall Semester LIFE Group Catalog! And just like college, your favorite classes (LIFE Groups) will fill up fast! Some, in fact, have already reached capacity. So, go to our website right now, check out all the different Groups and sign up today. Most of our Groups start the week of September 17th. Next Sunday, September 10th, is LIFE Group Sunday (see below)! Don’t miss it – it’s always a lot of fun!
This weekend is Labor Day weekend. Most people have Monday off from work. A lot of people will be taking that last hurrah, that last getaway, that last trip to the beach this weekend, before the rhythm and routine of the Fall sets in. Even though schools have been back in session for almost 2 weeks now, Labor Day weekend feels like the end of Summer and beginning of the Fall.
So let me ask you, what does the rhythm and routine of your life look like right now? And most importantly, where does your spiritual life fit in? Is it a small piece of the pie that you’re desperately trying to fit in to an already overcrowded, busy schedule? Or is it the most important thing, permeating every part of your life, the priority through which everything else flows? Does the rhythm and routine of your life include reading your Bible, gathering together regularly with your church family in worship, LIFE Group, fellowship, prayer, giving, serving?
Here’s the good news. You choose the rhythms and routines of your life. You set the priorities. If you don’t, the urgent will always win the day. And the urgent, regardless of how pressing it feels in the moment, is usually not the most important. For example, join a LIFE Group this semester. Make it a part of the rhythm of your life. I can already hear some of your excuses. And here is the biggest one of all. “But Pastor Chris, I just don’t have the time. I’m too busy.” Hear this with all the love I can muster. You have time to do whatever it is you value – tv, social media, sports, hobbies. It’s just not that important to you yet. So, as we move into the Fall, think about what matters most in this life, let that determine your values and priorities, and in turn let those values and priorities set or reset the rhythms and routines of your life.
One last thing – who have you been inviting to church with you? You never know the power of a simple invitation. Next Sunday, September 10th, is LIFE Group Sunday, always a great opportunity to invite people to Coastal! It’s a chance to share with people just how much we value community. And then on Sunday, September 17th, we jump back into our Romans series as we finish up this powerful book! Pray about who you will be inviting. Step out in faith, be bold, and make the ask! See you over the weekend! I love you Coastal! I love being your Pastor! And I love what we get to do together!
LIFE & LOVE!
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
Clothing Team: Our Coastal Clothing Team will be organizing and sorting clothes, TODAY, Friday, September 1st, 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 2952 Old Pond Road on Johns Island.
Saturday Serve: The foundation of all of our serving opportunities at Coastal really starts with Saturday Serve – the first Saturday of every month. The next Saturday Serve is TOMORROW, Saturday, September 2nd. We meet in the Welcome Center/Cafe at 8:30am, project leaders make a “pitch” for their serving opportunity, and then we serve!
Coffee & Doughnuts with the Vets at Patriot Villas – Friday, September 8th, 8:30am-11:30am. Meet at Coastal.
Clothing Team: Our Coastal Clothing Team will be organizing and sorting clothes, Friday, September 8th, 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 2952 Old Pond Road on Johns Island.
Lowcountry Orphan Relief: Lowcountry Orphan Relief provides support services and aid to meet the needs of Lowcountry children identified as at-risk or suffering from abandonment, abuse and/or neglect. Coastal will be serving there Friday, September 8th, 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 1850 Truxton Ave in North Charleston.
Double Tailgate Day: Charleston Vets & Joseph Floyd Manor: Saturday, September 9th, 10am-1pm. Meet at the church and then pick which Tailgate you’d like to serve.
Ronald McDonald House Meals That Heal: Saturday, September 9th, 4:30-6:45pm. Online signup required. Contact Rachel Speer for more info.
As always, if you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- If you’re fairly new to Coastal, a great next step is our Newcomers Reception. Our next Newcomers Reception is Sunday, October 8th, in our Chapel immediately following the 11:30am service (at approximately 12:45pm). This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. You can sign up on our website today!
- All Young Adults are invited to join us on Wednesday, September 6th, at 6pm for our Fall Kick-Off Event! We will meet on the Coastal front lawn for a low-country boil with lawn games and music! Spread the word – invite and bring a friend! For more information, please contact Pastor Scott Huff at email@example.com.
- CSM (Coastal Student Ministry – 6th-12th Grade) is officially back for their Fall semester! They meet on Sunday nights, 5:30pm-7pm (doors open at 5pm), for games, worship, a message, and small groups. Bring your Students, and we encourage them to invite a friend! They won’t want to miss it! If you have any questions, you can email Pastor Jacob at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LIFE Group Sunday is September 10th! After each Sunday service you’ll be able to check out all the Groups offered this semester, browse the tables in the Welcome Center representing those Groups, meet the different Group Leaders, and ask any questions you might have! It’s a BIG Day here at Coastal and a LOT of fun! Invite and bring a friend and don’t miss it!
P.S. Okay, this picture is obviously not our church, and not our 10am service, BUT, we’re growing and the 10am service is starting to reach capacity! You could greatly help us out by attending either the 8:30am service or the 11:30am service (especially for LIFE Group Sunday, September 10th). And no matter which service you attend, please sit to the front of each section and leave available seating on the end of each row. We also need help with parking. Please leave our small parking lot out front and the parking closest to Coastal over at Orange Grove for guests and new people. And then truthfully, park as far away as possible. Park in Oakland’s parking lot (take a right immediately past the Greenway, before you get to Orange Grove). Both of these small steps with enable our church to continue to grow and make room for more people.