WOW! WOW! WOW! I can not say enough great things about VBS this week! First of all, it has been the largest VBS we’ve ever had, with 280 children in attendance and 160 volunteers! And speaking of volunteers, I know I say this all the time, but we really do have the best volunteers on the planet! We could not do, all that our church does, without you! And you’ve done so much this week, with excellence, joy, and enthusiasm! I am proud to be your Pastor! I’ve just loved hearing all the stories this week of children learning about and loving Jesus! Honestly, it’s been emotional for me and Janet. You see, because of COVID and construction, we haven’t had a VBS on our campus since 2019. And then just watching all the kids in the auditorium on the first night singing, dancing, and praising Jesus, watching all the smiling, laughing children all through our facility, filling up room after room, has just been a beautiful sight. By the way, this is why we stepped out in faith and built this new facility! This is why we set up and broke down Coastal Kidz every weekend for over a year across the street at the Middle School! This is why we gave and continue to give sacrificially! This is why we did all this things and more and why we’ll continue to walk by faith and trust God for big things – so that we can reach the next generation for Jesus!
Oh, and speaking of giving sacrificially, right now (not counting tonight’s offering) our VBS offering this week is over $7000! That plus what you’ve already given towards our new Clothing Distribution Box Truck, adds up to over $36,000! I have no doubt that we will reach and exceed our goal of $40,000 this weekend! Please continue to use the keywords, “VBS” or “boxtruck” to give towards this special offering.
And VBS is not quite over yet! Tonight is our Party and Closing Program! From 6pm-7pm (weather permitting) we’ll be outside for hotdogs, Kona Ice, jump castles, and a petting zoo. And then at 7pm we’ll come inside for songs, a magician, and a slide show! It’s all FREE and you’re invited to join us!
One last note about VBS. To pull off a week long event of this magnitude, with this many moving parts, this many kids, and this many volunteers, requires great leadership. I know she’s my wife, but Janet Rollins, our Children’s Director, is a great leader! Like all great leaders, she is quick to defer and point to all of her leaders and volunteers. But Janet, I’m proud of you – GREAT JOB!
LIFE and LOVE!
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
Lowcountry Orphan Relief – Lowcountry Orphan Relief provides support services and aid to meet the needs of Lowcountry children identified as at-risk or suffering from abandonment, abuse and/or neglect. Coastal will be serving there, TODAY, Friday, July 15th (and again on July 29th), 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 1850 Truxton Ave in North Charleston.
Hope Center Tailgate – We will be tailgating for the City of Charleston Resource Center for the Homeless – called the Hope Center. Tuesday, July 19th, 3-6pm. Meet at Coastal.
Patriot Villas Veterans Tailgate & Game Night – We will be putting on a Tailgate for the Veterans at Patriot Villas on Thursday, July 21st, 6-8pm. Meet at Coastal.
Joseph Floyd Manor Tailgate – Our Tailgate will be rolling and serving our friends downtown at the Joseph Floyd Manor – Thursday, July 28th, 10am-1pm. Meet at the church.
Coffee & Doughnuts with the Vets at Patriot Villas – Friday, July 29th, 8:30am-11am. Meet at Coastal.
Clothing Team – Our Coastal Clothing Team will be organizing and sorting clothes Friday, August 5th, 9am-11am. Meet at 2952 Old Pond Road on Johns Island.
As always, if you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- We are planning another BEACH BAPTISM out at Folly Beach County Park on Sunday, August 14th, at 5pm. You can sign up for it on our website. The only requirement for Baptism is that you have personally given your life to Jesus. Baptism is a public profession of your faith. At Coastal we call it “going public,” and it’s a great celebration! It beautifully illustrates Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. If you’re unable to participate in our Beach Baptism, remember at Coastal we’re ready for you to get Baptized any service, any Sunday. If you are interested in getting Baptized simply respond to this email, sign up on your Connect Card, or sign up on our website.
- New to Coastal? Join us in the Chapel or online Sunday, August 21st immediately following the 11:15am service for our next Newcomer’s Reception. Learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, and get plugged in. Lunch & childcare (and some fun giveaways) provided. RSVP online or on your Connect Card on Sunday!
- We are in the planning stages for our FALL LIFE GROUPS! LIFE Groups are the primary vehicle at Coastal for community – learning, friendships, fellowship, and care. We typically have all different types of Groups – Bible studies, book studies, activity groups, active groups, support groups, men’s/women’s groups. Would you possibly be interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group this Fall? The Fall Semester begins in September and depending on the Group, lasts for 8-12 weeks. Sign up on your Connect Card or contact Pastor Scott Huff at email@example.com if you are interested in leading a Group.
- Our church feeds an enormous amount of people through our Community Food Bank. That’s especially true during the Summer and with the rising costs of food. As a result, our Food Bank is starting to get a little low. If you are able, would you consider donating non-perishable food items (anything really, but canned protein goes really fast)? And now that we have a refrigerator and freezer, we also take perishables – eggs, meat, cheese, bread, milk, frozen meals, etc. You can drop off food during the week or on Sunday mornings. Thank you!
P.S. Interested in officially making the Coastal church family, your church family? Our next Membership Class is Saturday morning, August 27th, 9-11:30am. You can respond to this email, sign up on our website, or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. You can join us either in-person or online through Zoom.