I’M BACK! Janet and I got back from our vacation earlier this week. We went to Knoxville, TN to see our daughter and her husband, and then we drove up to Cincinnati, OH to see some life long friends. We had a great time, but as always, it’s also good to be home!
Speaking of home, for every home or family to thrive and function well, there are certain things that have to get done. In other words, we all have to pitch in and do our part. Well, the same is true of a church family. For OUR Coastal family to grow, thrive, and function well, there are certain things that have to get done. We call those “things” – ministry. And at Coastal, all of those ministry opportunities take place through our LIFE Teams. For the month of August, there has been a real push on finding a place to serve in the family here at Coastal on Sunday mornings. In fact, we’ve said, if you call Coastal your home, you should be able to answer this question, “What is my ministry and where am I serving on Sunday mornings?”
Well, I’d like to highlight one possible LIFE Team for you to serve on here at Coastal – our Coastal Kidz Children’s Ministry (Birth – 5th Grade). We strongly believe that if our church is going to continue to grow, we must have a growing, thriving Children’s Ministry. We also believe that if you help change the life of a child, you change the world! Simply put, join Coastal Kidz and be a WORLD CHANGER! The truth is that Coastal Kidz is simply trying to keep up with the growth of our church! And because of that, there are so many opportunities for both men and women to serve – from Child Check-In, to Lead Teacher, to Classroom Assistants, to holding babies in Nursery. In fact, because of the growth of our church, we’re even looking at the possibility of using our Chapel on Sunday mornings for Coastal Kidz and adding another classroom. But for that to happen we need MORE volunteers – YOU! So, stop what you’re doing right now, go to our website and sign up to get involved with Coastal Kidz! As always, if you have any questions, or would just like to see what happens on a Sunday morning in Coastal Kidz, reach out to our Children’s Director, Janet Rollins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-442-8299.
Whether it’s Coastal Kidz, Prayer Team, Security, Tech, Worship, First Impressions, Cafe, or Online Engagement (whew!) – you should be serving! But you should be serving, not just because there is a need (there is always a need). You should be serving because this is your FAMILY! Sign up today or this Sunday!
One last thing, Teachers have made their way back to their classrooms, and Students will be joining them this Wednesday in Charleston County! One of the things that Janet and I look forward to every year is seeing all the first day of school pictures on social media! No matter what school looks like for you and your family this year – public, private, charter, homeschool, or even college – will you join me in praying for our Teachers, Students, and Parents? I love you Coastal! I love being your Pastor! And I love making an IMPACT with you right here in our community!
LIFE & LOVE!
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
VA Hospitality Project: This team serves at the VA Hospital in Charleston by providing a hospitality cart, greeting incoming patients and employees, visiting patients, and helping Volunteer Services with small sorting projects. Wednesday, August 23rd, 8:30am-12pm. Meet at Coastal.
Food Pantry Sort & Stock – Thursday, August 24th, 11:30am-1pm. As you know, our church feeds A LOT of people! Come help us prep Coastal’s Food Pantry!
Coffee & Doughnuts with the Vets at Patriot Villas – Friday, August 25th, 8:30am-11:30am. Meet at Coastal.
Lowcountry Orphan Relief: Lowcountry Orphan Relief provides support services and aid to meet the needs of Lowcountry children identified as at-risk or suffering from abandonment, abuse and/or neglect. Coastal will be serving there Friday, August 25th, 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 1850 Truxton Ave in North Charleston.
Downtown Charleston “Hotdog Ministry”: We will be grilling and serving hotdogs to the homeless and hungry downtown! Friday, August 25th, 4-6pm. Meet at Coastal.
Clothing Team: Our Coastal Clothing Team will be organizing and sorting clothes, Friday, September 1st, 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 2952 Old Pond Road on Johns Island.
Saturday Serve: The foundation of all of our serving opportunities at Coastal really starts with Saturday Serve – the first Saturday of every month. The next Saturday Serve is Saturday, September 2nd. We meet in the Welcome Center/Cafe at 8:30am, project leaders make a “pitch” for their serving opportunity, and then we serve!
As always, if you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- If you’re fairly new to Coastal, a great next step is our Newcomers Reception. Our next Newcomers Reception is NEXT Sunday, August 27th, in our Chapel immediately following the 11:30am service (at approximately 12:45pm). This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. You can sign up on our website today!
- Interested in officially making the Coastal church family, your church family? Our next Membership Class is TOMORROW, Saturday morning, August 19th, 9am-11:45am in the Chapel. You can respond to this email or sign up on our website. Breakfast & childcare provided!
- CSM (Coastal Student Ministry – 6th-12th Grade) is returning NEXT Sunday, August 27 from 5:30PM-7:00PM (doors open at 5PM). We are kicking off this year’s CSM in STYLE! We will have a fun filled introductory night where students will be able to fellowship together and have a great time! There will be pizza, the gym will be full of fun stuff to do, we will have a game truck, and there will be bubble soccer! We pray this will be a great time for students to reconnect with each other as well as their leaders after a long summer. We’d love for your student to be there, and we encourage them to invite a friend! They won’t want to miss it! If you have any questions, you can email Pastor Jacob at email@example.com.
- All of our FALL LIFE GROUP information is in and our new catalog will be available NEXT Sunday, August 27th! Training for new Fall Life Group Leaders will be offered in-person this Monday, August 21st, 6:30-8pm or Saturday, August 26th, 9-10:30am. Returning Leaders’ Training will be online on Thursday, August 24th from 8-8:45pm. All Leaders only need to attend one session. RSVP on your Connect Card. If you have any questions, please email Pastor Scott Huff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. We are planning our 2nd BEACH BAPTISM of the Summer out at Folly Beach County Park THIS Sunday, August 20th, at 5pm. You can sign up for it on our website. The only requirement for Baptism is that you have personally given your life to Jesus. Baptism is a public profession of your faith, and it’s a great celebration! It beautifully illustrates Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. If you’re unable to participate in our Beach Baptism, remember at Coastal we’re ready for you to get Baptized any service, any Sunday. If you are interested in getting Baptized, simply respond to this email, sign up on your Connect Card, or sign up on our website.