I want to let you know about something exciting happening in Coastal Student Ministry! We are putting on and hosting our first ever CSM Conference called “Serve Weekend 2023!” If you are a parent of a student or have any Middle or High School students in your life, trust me, you want them to be a part of it! This event is happening October 27-29 (Friday night-Sunday Morning) at Coastal. It’s a three day event that costs $50. Click this link to register your student right now! This event will be full of diving into God’s Word, worship, service, games, and hanging out with each other. Students will get to serve on a service project on Saturday and will spend Friday and Saturday night at a host home of a member of the church with their small group. We are expecting God to move in big ways in the heart of Students. If you have any questions, if you would be interested in being a host home for a small group of students, if you would be willing to serve or lead over the weekend in any capacity, or if you would like to provide a $ scholarship for Students to attend, please reach out to Pastor Jacob at email@example.com. The picture above is from CSM on Sunday nights where they are now regularly seeing over 60 Students each week!
I’ve had the chance to visit several of our LIFE Groups this week. Our Pastors and Staff help serve as Coaches, visiting our various LIFE Groups, and encouraging our Leaders. And let me just say that our Leaders are doing a fantastic job! My heart is so full this week, seeing people all over Charleston gathering together, digging into God’s Word, praying together, and just doing LIFE together!
And speaking of LIFE Groups, God is up to something in my Wednesday morning Men’s Group! We had 41 men this past Wednesday morning at 7am at the church! Our Men’s Group has a pretty simple format. We provide coffee and typically some biscuits for breakfast. We gather together as a large group for some announcements and praises. Then we break up into small groups where we dig into God’s Word and discuss that week’s sermon. We also ask 2 questions: How are doing? & How can we pray for you? That’s it. But that in no way describes the laughter, the camaraderie, and the fellowship that we experience. It’s one of the most looked forwarded to things I do. 41 MEN! God is moving! Join us this Wednesday men – you need this!
I love you Coastal! I love being your Pastor! And I love what we get to do together!
LIFE & LOVE!
- UPCOMING OUTREACH PROJECTS:
Downtown Charleston “Hotdog Ministry”: We will be grilling and serving hotdogs to the homeless and hungry downtown! TODAY, Friday, September 29th, 4-6pm. Meet at Coastal.
Oakland Reading Partners Orientation: We’re looking for volunteers to be a part of a Reading Program at Oakland Elementary School. Orientation and Training Meeting, Wednesday, October 4th, 1-2:30pm (see #3 below).
Clothing Team: Our Coastal Clothing Team will be organizing and sorting clothes, Friday, October 6th, 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 2952 Old Pond Road on Johns Island.
Saturday Serve: The foundation of all of our serving opportunities at Coastal really starts with Saturday Serve – the first Saturday of every month. The next Saturday Serve is Saturday, October 7th. We meet in the Welcome Center/Cafe at 8:30am, project leaders make a “pitch” for their serving opportunity, and then we serve!
Clothing Team: Our Coastal Clothing Team will be organizing and sorting clothes, Monday, October 9th, 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 2952 Old Pond Road on Johns Island.
Soldier’s Angels: We’ll be helping with the Veteran’s Mobile Food Distribution, Tuesday, October 10th, 9:30am-11:30am. Meet at 1113 Sam Rittenburg Blvd. (The Elks Lodge).
Ronald McDonald House On the Go Meal Kits: On Friday, October 13th, 6:30-7:30pm, we will be packing “On the Go Meal/Snack Bags” for the resident of the Ronald McDonald House. Meet at Coastal.
As always, if you are interested in serving in any of these projects, you can sign up on your Connect Card this Sunday or sign up now on our website. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pastor Chris Jones at 843-870-4613.
- If you’re fairly new to Coastal, a great next step is our Newcomers Reception. Our next Newcomers Reception is Sunday, October 8th, in our Chapel immediately following the 11:30am service (at approximately 12:45pm). This is a great way to learn more about Coastal, meet staff and key volunteers, as well as meet some other new people. Pizza and childcare provided. You can sign up on our website today!
- Looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity to make a real IMPACT in the next generation right here in our community? Join the Oakland Elementary School Reading Partners Team! As a Reading Partners Volunteer at Oakland Elementary School, you’ll work closely with a K-5th Grade Student who is struggling with reading. You’ll help provide one-on-one tutoring and support through structured lessons and engaging activities – all of which is provided through Reading Partners. If you are interested, RSVP on your Connect Card for the Orientation & Training Event at Coastal THIS Wednesday, October 4th, 1-2:30pm.
- Coastal Young Adult ministry is having its first monthly worship night THIS Wednesday, October 4th at 7:00pm in the Chapel! This event, being called “The Way,” is for anyone from college age to early 30’s to attend. There will be worship, message, discussion, & community!
- Interested in officially making the Coastal church family, your church family? Our next Membership Class is Thursday, October 19th, 6-9pm in the Chapel. You can respond to this email, sign up on our website, or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. Dinner & childcare provided!
P.S. If you live in Carolina Bay, Shadowmoss, Village Green, or one of several other West Ashley neighborhoods that get a monthly neighborhood magazine, make sure you check out our ad for the many Support Groups we offer at Coastal. One of those Support Groups is “Grief Share.” They will be hosting one of their annual seminars called, “Surviving the Holidays.” It’s a free, one time event on Monday, November 6th at 2pm or 6pm that will help participants prepare for difficult emotions this Holiday Season and discover hope for the future. Contact Sue (616-443-6553) with questions or register today at www.griefshare.org.