Hopefully by now you’ve heard that this Sunday we’re kicking off a new message series at Coastal on the life of David called, “After God’s Heart.” After both services on our front lawn we’re having a Tailgating Party (wear your Team Colors/Jersey to church)! There will be plenty of food, Jump Castles, Kona Ice, and Baptisms! It’s going to be a great opportunity to have some fun, meet people in our community, and usher in the Fall! If you’re in town this weekend, make every effort not only to attend but most importantly to invite and bring a friend! By the way, if you’re out of town (or home sick), don’t forget that you can now watch our services live from our website at https://coastalcommunitychurch.org/media/live.
Last week I told you about a couple Coastal Staff Updates. I have a couple more exciting annoucements!
- Kiersten Brown is our new Director of Missions & Outreach! If you’ve met Kiersten even for just a moment, you know she has a passion for serving and ministry. She will be in charge of promoting, training, leading, and organizing local, national, and international service projects. She will work alongside our LIFE Groups and other Ministries to promote service opportunities in our church, our community, and our world.
- Brian Hill is our new Worship Pastor! Brian has led worship for us twice in the last month. Most recently, Brian was the Student Worship Pastor at Northwood Church in Summerville. While Coastal has been blessed with talented musicians and vocalists, it’s going to be a great addition to our church to have central person on stage each week leading our church in worship. Christopher will continue as our Band Director and together they will form an unbelieveable team!
Make sure you welcome Kiersten and Brian (and Brian’s wife Haley) to the Coastal Team! A growing church requires a growing/expanding Staff! I am so blessed to lead and serve alongside such an amazing Staff! WE are truly blessed as a church!
- New to Coastal? Like to meet our Staff, Ministry Leaders and other new people like yourself? Like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the history of our church? Make plans to attend our next Necomer’s Reception, Sunday, October 15th, immediately after our 11:15am service (it’s only about 30 minutes). Childcare and pizza are provided. You can sign up for our Newcomer’s Reception on our website, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or simply by responding to this email now.
- Looking for an awesome place to serve? Have some available time during the week? Consider joining our “Monday Morning Follow-Up Team” or our “Super Service Friday Team.” The Monday Team meets on Mondays from 9-11am. The Friday Team meets Fridays from 10:30am-12:30pm. Both of these Teams are essential to accomplishing what we do on Sundays! If you’re interested in serving, simply respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday. If you’re a mom with small children, we’ll even provide Child Care (just let us know the ages and number of children).
- We could always use a few more TAILGATERS for our Big Day, this Sunday, October 1st. Respond to this email if you’d like to participate and we’ll send you the details.
- On Sunday, October 1st, after each service, in the center of all the Tailgating Tents we’re going to have an outdoor Baptism Service! You can sign up to get Baptized on our website or simply respond to this email.
- It seems like it’s a long way off, but we need to get the WAVES Student Ministry Silent Auction & Dinner on your radar. The date will be Friday, November 17th, 6:30pm-8:30pm. All the proceeds go to the Winter Retreat. The reason you need to know about it now is that Ryan needs to start collecting a list of goods/services/items that you might be willing to donate for the auction. If you have something to donate, you can sign up on your Connect Card or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All In Baby!
P.S. I know it sounds early, but trust me it’s not – October is Operation Christmas Chlid month! There will be an insert in the bulletin on Sunday listing different items to start purchasing now. Our Wrapping & Packing Party will be Friday, November 10th, 6-8pm.