WOW! This past Sunday was amazing! First of all, the weather was perfect for our Tailgating Party! A huge thanks to all of our Tailgaters! We couldn’t have done it without you! I want to especially thank Shealy Pendarvis, Ricky Spell, and Billy & Teresa Burnett who basically brought enough Barbeque & food to feed everyone! We had 749 in attendance! 5 people got Baptized! And most importantly 3 more people gave their life to Jesus!! That means we only have 2 more lights on our ONE sign to light! That means it’s almost time to PARTY! 50 people have given their life to Jesus at Coastal so far this year! We’re just getting started! Keep praying! Keep reaching out! Keep inviting! This Sunday’s message is entitled, “The Heart of a Giant Killer” as we take a look at the story of David & Goliath. Invite and bring a friend! Don’t miss it!
Ministry Opportunity Spotlight:
Today, I’d like to highlight our awesome Children’s Ministry called Coastal Kidz! Coastal Kidz cares for, teaches, loves, and serves children Birth-5th Grade each and every Sunday, during both services. While we’re in the main auditorium, there are somewhere between 125-150 Children & Volunteers in the Coastal Kidz Building each Sunday! If you have a heart for children and want to make an impact for eternity, I promise you, there is a place for you in Coastal Kidz! Teachers, Assistants, Child Check-In, Greeters, Nursery Volunteers, people who wipe down toys after each service – there are lots of opportunities for service! One person, one service, once a month makes a HUGE IMPACT! Reach out to Janet Rollins our Children’s Director today! Janet would love to connect with you, give you a behind the scenes tour, and even allow you to shadow someone in order to help you find a fit. You can contact Janet at 843-442-8299 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New to Coastal? Like to meet our Staff, Ministry Leaders and other new people like yourself? Like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the history of our church? Make plans to attend our next Necomer’s Reception, Sunday, October 15th, immediately after our 11:15am service (it’s only about 30 minutes). Childcare and pizza are provided. You can sign up for our Newcomer’s Reception on our website, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or simply by responding to this email now.
- Because of your generosity, $3000 was given toward Hurricane Relief! Don’t forget, you can support the ministry of Coastal any time and any where by giving through our website, our app, or through TEXTing (843-277-8337). Coastal – it’s ministry and it’s outreach – is fully funded by the generous, consistent giving of its members – YOU!
- It seems like it’s a long way off, but we need to get the WAVES Student Ministry Silent Auction & Dinner on your radar. The date will be Friday, November 17th, 6:30pm-8:30pm. All the proceeds go to the Winter Retreat. The reason you need to know about it now is that Ryan needs to start collecting a list of goods/services/items that you might be willing to donate for the auction. If you have something to donate, you can sign up on your Connect Card or email email@example.com.
- Our Community Food Bank/Pantry is running low. You might not be aware of this, but throughout the week we give away A LOT of food to hungry/hurting people in our community. We accept all non-perishable food items, but definitely need rice, pasta, spaghetti sauce, soups, canned meats, and canned fruit. Simply bring the food with you to church on Sundays or drop it off during the week.
- October is Operation Christmas Chlid month at Coastal! Check out the insert in the Bulletin as to what to bring. Basically, bring any toy that a child ages 2-13 would like that will fit in a shoe box (no perishables, liquids, used items, candy, or toys associated with war or fighting). We also need large shoe boxes! You can bring all donations to the church on Sunday morning or during the week until Sunday November 5th. Our Wrapping & Packing Party will be Friday, November 10th, 6pm.
In His Service & Yours!