Don’t forget that October is Operation Christmas Chlid month at Coastal! Check out the insert in the Bulletin as to what to bring – basically, bring any toy that a child ages 2-13 would like that will fit in a shoe box (no perishables, liquids, used items, candy, or toys associated with war or fighting). We also need large shoe boxes! You can bring all donations to the church on Sunday morning or during the week until Sunday November 5th. Our Wrapping & Packing Party will be Friday, November 10th, 6pm. You can also donate money directly to the church to be used to purchase toys. Simply designate your gift “occ”.
Speaking of Operation Christmas Child, this past week our WAVES Student Ministry took a little “field trip” to Wal-Mart to purchase toys! The spit up into 4 large groups and made a little competition out of it. Who could get the most items for $150? They came back to the church LOADED down with toys (I think the High School girls won)! By the way, that’s another example of your giving making an impact! Not only do these children around the world receive gifts for Christmas – they also receive a Gospel presentation in their own language! So come to church on Sunday with toys, gifts, and/or money for Operation Christmas Child!
Ministry Opportunity Spotlight:
Today, I’d like to highlight our 1st Impressions Team! This is the LIFE Team who help create a welcoming, friendly atmosphere each week at Coastal for our Guests! They serve EVERYWHERE – in the parking lot, escorting people in our Golf Carts, opening doors, handing out bulletins, directing people, seating people, answering questions, emptying trash, cleaning up between services, taking up the offering, and so much more! It’s one of our largest Volunteer Teams. It’s a great entry point to our church. You get to meet a lot of different people, have a lot of fun, and make a huge impact! If you love people and can smile, consider joining this AWESOME TEAM! Reach out to Chris Ranew our 1st Impressions Team Leader today at 706-941-2044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New to Coastal? Like to meet our Staff, Ministry Leaders and other new people like yourself? Like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the history of our church? Make plans to attend our next Necomer’s Reception, THIS Sunday, October 15th, immediately after our 11:15am service (it’s only about 30 minutes). Childcare and pizza are provided. You can sign up for our Newcomer’s Reception on our website or simply by responding to this email now.
- It seems like it’s a long way off, but we need to get the WAVES Student Ministry Silent Auction & Dinner on your radar. The date will be Friday, November 17th, 6:30pm-8:30pm. All the proceeds go to the Winter Retreat. The reason you need to know about it now is that Ryan needs to start collecting a list of goods/services/items that you might be willing to donate for the auction. If you have something to donate, you can sign up on your Connect Card or email email@example.com.
- Our Community Food Bank/Pantry is running low. You might not be aware of this, but throughout the week we give away A LOT of food to hungry/hurting people in our community. We accept all non-perishable food items, but definitely need rice, pasta, spaghetti sauce, soups, canned meats, and canned fruit. Simply bring the food with you to church on Sundays or drop it off during the week.
- Pastor Chris & Pastor Scott are leading a Trip to the Holy Land next year! The dates are November 5-14, 2018. The cost is $4200 (could be less depending on how many people go). If you are interested in going, there will be an information meeting immediately after church on Sunday, November 12th in the 1st-5th Grade auditorium. You can also learn more about the trip by visiting this link: http://www.maranathatours.com/Diamond-Nov-2018-Israel
- AND MOST IMPORTANTLY – One more person gave their life to Jesus this past Sunday at Coastal! That makes 51! One more person and we’re going to PARTY (more details about that to come)!! Pray for salvations! Pray for my message! Invite & bring someone to church! The power of ONE!
Loving What We Do Together!
P.S. Don’t forget, if you’re out of town, sick, or just want to share our services with a friend, you can watch our services LIVE each week from our website at: https://coastalcommunitychurch.org/resources/live. You can also watch video of previous messages.