I’m really getting excited about our Fall Semester of LIFE Groups! We’re planning on having our catalog available at church and online next Sunday, August 21st. You’ll have a week to check out all the Groups and then LIFE Group Sunday will be August 28th. LIFE Group Sunday is where we have a GIANT TENT outside with booths representing all of the different groups (kind of like a Job Fair for Groups)! You’ll get to check out all the Groups, meet the leaders, enjoy a lot of great snacks, and have a BLAST (you even get to vote for the best booths)! It really is a lot of fun! We then give everyone about a month to sign up for Groups and then all LIFE Groups begin the week of Sunday, September 11th.
Well, like it or not, kids go back to school in Charleston County on Monday. We have a lot of children (and teachers) at Coastal! Please keep all of them in your prayers. Continue to pray specifically for our Community Neighbors, Oakland Elementary School and now Orange Grove Middle School (the schools directly across the street from our campus). We’ve had a wonderful relationship with Oakland for a long time and now we are building one with Orange Grove. In fact, they will begin using our facility for PE during the week from 12noon to 3pm beginning September 1st. If you have some time during your lunch break or throughout the school day to volunteer to read with a student once a week or twice a month, let me know. We’d love to help you schedule that. They are always looking for reading volunteers (especially men).
- If you’re planning on leading a LIFE Group this Fall, you’ll be getting a proof of your information going in the Catalog. Make sure you read it, make any corrections/edits and respond quickly to Julie. A mandatory LIFE Group Training for all Leaders, Assistants, and Hosts for all Groups, even on-going & athletic groups, is Saturday, August 27th, 10am-12noon. LIFE Group Sunday is August 28th.
- TONIGHT: WAVES (6th-12th Grade) Back to School Bash – 8-11pm, at Sky Zone in Mt. Pleasant, cost $10l!!! Spread the word – invite & bring a friend!! Make sure you’ve filled out SkyZone’s waiver on their website. WAVES 6.2.SIX begins meeting regularly again this coming Wednesday night! Make sure your Student is there and brings their friends! It’s going to be a great year in Student Ministry.
- There is a Prayer/Decision Team Meeting/Training on Tuesday night, August 16th, 6:30pm at the church.
- There is a Planning Center Training Meeting for all Ministry Leaders on Tuesday night, August 23rd, 6:30pm at the church.
- Bod4God Rally with author/founder Steve Reynolds, Monday night, August 29th, 7pm at the church. The rally is for anyone who is interested in losing weight, getting healthy, and interested in being a part of Bod4God in the Fall.
P.S. We’d love for you to join us for Chair Set-up, Saturday morning (tomorrow) at 9am. With 6 or more people it only takes 30 minutes or less – plus it’s a lot of fun!