Wow! If this Summer is any indication, we’re going to have an awesome Fall of growth at our church. Usually, over the Summer I don’t really pay much attention to our attendance. People are out of town, traveling, vacations, etc. and our attendance will flucuate a lot from week to week. But what I do pay attention to however, is the number of 1st time guests we have. Well, we have had a ton of guests this Summer! In June & July alone, just 8 weeks, we’ve had 80 1st & 2nd time guest Connect Cards filled out (which represents a lot of people)! Keep inviting! Keep reaching out! Pick up some “You’re Invited” Business Cards or some copies of the “Unshakeable” book and use them to invite people to church. Oh, in case you’re wondering – we had 470 in attendance this past Sunday!
So – we need your help – don’t forget to sit to the center and front of each section (make plenty of room for guests and other people as they come in), especially in the 9:30am service. Also, we need EVERYONE to fill out a Connect Card. That creates positive peer pressure for our Guests to fill out a card – which is the only way we can follow up with people.
- If you’re planning on leading a LIFE Group this Fall, we need all of your Group information turned in this week as we prepare for the Fall Catalog. A mandatory LIFE Group Training for all Leaders, Assistants, and Hosts for all Groups, even on-going & athletic groups, is Saturday, August 27th, 10am-12noon.
- Our last Summer Movie Night will be tonight, 7pm. We’ll provide popcorn, nachos, hotdogs, and drinks. ALL FREE! Bring lawnchairs or a blanket. We’ll be showing the old Disney classic, “Swiss Family Robinson.”
- Friday, August 12: WAVES (6th-12th Grade) Back to School Bash – 8pm-11pm, at Sky Zone in Mt. Pleasant, cost $10l!!! Spread the word – invite & bring a friend!!
- Coastal’s next Membership Class is Monday night, August 8th, 6pm-9pm in our old auditorium.
- There is a Prayer/Decision Team Meeting/Training on Tuesday night, August 16th, 6:30pm at the church.
P.S. We’d love for you to join us for Chair Set-up, Saturday morning (tomorrow) at 9am. With 6 or more people it only takes 30 minutes or less – plus it’s a lot of fun!