The principles and truths found 2 Chronicles 7:14 were on my heart and mind this morning: “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” There is no doubt or no denying it, our world, not just our country, is a mess. The truth is, it always has been. Is it getting worse? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe we’re just more aware of it. But either way, the problem is and always has been the same – sin and the Evil One. Therefore, the answer is and always has been the same – Jesus. He is still the only true hope of the world!
2 Peter 3:8-12, 14, “But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. . . So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him.”
Jesus didn’t return last night for one reason and one reason only – God is patiently waiting and wanting more people to be saved. Coastal there is obviously much Kingdom work to be done! Let’s get busy. Maybe stay off of social media today or this weekend. I’m not saying put your head in the sand. I’m just saying, don’t get distracted or diverted from the real enemy and the real work at hand. Be proactively prayerful, loving, and part of the solution. Choose LOVE today. LOVE really CAN change the world! But love has a name – JESUS! Share His/your story. Share your faith. Invite someone to Coastal this weekend!
- Today is the last day to pre-register your child/children for VBS! July 11-15, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. On-site registration will be available daily during VBS at 5:30pm each evening.
- Interested in getting your CWP (Concealed Weapons Permit)? Stephen Voges, a member of our Security Team and a City of Charleston Police Officer is offering a CWP Class on Saturday, July 23rd at the church, 9am-3pm. $60 for regular students, $40 for Military. Need eye & ear protection, a gun, holster, and 50 rounds of ammo. For more information or to sign up, please contact Stephen at email@example.com or 843-200-5449.
- Our next BEACH BAPTISM is July 16th (next Saturday), 4pm at the Baptist Beach House right on Folly Beach (1017 W. Ashley St., near the Folly Beach County Park). Sign up online, on your Connect Card or respond to this email if you are interested in getting Baptized! Come out to Folly Beach for a church wide picnic, an afternoon of fun, and a great celebration! We’re going to provide the meat (barbeque), but we’re asking everyone else to bring drinks and a side dish to shaire. Our Students will actually be at the Beach House for a Summer Beach Retreat, Friday Night, July 15th – Sunday, July 17th. They will be leaving from the church immediately after the VBS Closing Program and returning after the 2nd service on Sunday, July 17th.
- Our new Sunday morning Service Times start this Sunday – 9:30am & 11:15am. Our Volunteer Meeting (V.I.P.) will be at 9am.
- Are you interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group this Fall? Let us know now! LIFE Group Sunday is August 28th! All of LIFE Info has to be turned in by August 10th.
P.S. Our new sermon series, “Summer Reading” begins next Sunday, July 17th. Each week, I’ll use the subject matter of one of six different books for my sermon. You can purchase the 6 books at church on Sunday for $5 each.