Well, guess what today is? It’s my Birthday! Here’s a little July 1st fun factoid for you: it’s also Pamela Anderson’s Birthday (of “Babe” Watch fame). In fact, we’re both the exact same age – 49 years old! Considering the fact that I haven’t had nearly as much work done as she has had, I’m not doing too bad. But one more year until I hit the Big 5-0.
Maybe it’s my age, maybe it’s the state of the world in which we live, or maybe it’s this healthy journey I’m on, but I find myself being a little more reflective, introspective, and goal oriented today than on Birthday’s past. My theme this year is, “Fit by 50.” I want to be healthier a year from now than I am today. I want to be healthier physically. I want to lose another 60lbs. I want to run (not walk or “jalk”) the Bridge this year. But I also want to be healthier spiritually, relationally, financially, and emotionally. I also feel a renewed sense of urgency about our church and reaching the lost. I want our church to continue to grow, not because I have a big ego that needs to be stroked, but because people are lost and going to Hell without Jesus.
What about you? What goals and dreams do you have? What areas of your life do you need to get healthier in? What choices and decisions are you making today that will make your dream a reality tomorrow? Anyway. . . just some of the million different thoughts going through my head today. Happy Birthday Pamela!
- Pre-register your child/children NOW for VBS! July 11-15, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. VBS is a life changing experience! Remember, if you change a child’s life – you change the world!
- Don’t forget that we only have one service this Sunday – 10:15am. And then starting July 10th we have our new service times begin – 9:30am & 11:15am.
- Interested in getting your CWP (Concealed Weapons Permit)? Stephen Voges, a member of our Security Team and a City of Charleston Police Officer is offering a CWP Class on Saturday, July 23rd at the church, 9am-3pm. $60 for regular students, $40 for Military. Need eye & ear protection, a gun, holster, and 50 rounds of ammo. For more information or to sign up, please contact Stephen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-200-5449.
- Our next BEACH BAPTISM is July 16th, 4pm at the Baptist Beach House right on Folly Beach (1017 W. Ashley St., near the Folly Beach County Park). Sign up online, on your Connect Card or respond to this email if you are interested in getting Baptized! Come out to Folly Beach for a church wide picnic, an afternoon of fun, and a great celebration! We’re going to provide the meat, but we’re asking everyone else to bring drinks and a side to shaire. Our Students will actually be at the Beach House for a Summer Beach Retreat, Friday Night, July 15th – Sunday, July 17th. They will be leaving from the church immediately after the VBS Closing Program and returning after the 2nd service on Sunday, July 17th.
- Jesse DeRosier, from our church, is the school counselor at Berkley Elementary School in Moncks Corner. They are a Title 1 school with many children in need of clothes and shoes. As the school counselor, Jesse is in charge of a clothes closet at her school. She is organizing a clothing drive at Coastal to help meet that need. New or gently used children’s clothing: sizes 4-14. Shoes: sizes 11/12, 1-4. New items needed: underwear, sizes 4-14. You can drop off any of these items in the old Welcome Center in the Coastal Kidz building, in bags, labeled “Jesse’s Kids.”
P.S. Are you interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group this Fall? Let us know now! LIFE Group Sunday is August 28th! All of LIFE Info has to be turned in by August 10th.