Had a great Father’s Day this past Sunday! Loved seeing so many guests! Keep inviting! Keep reaching out! I just absolutely love it when people from our church come up to me and introduce their friends! Loved Baby Dedication too! It’s just so heart warming to see so many Parents make a commitment to raise their children to know the Lord (and the kids are all just so cute).
I guess the BIG NEWS right now is our new service times starting July 10th – 9:30am & 11:15am. The truth is, no one likes change. But I’m so proud of those of you who are willing to do anything short of sin to reach people (even change service times). We say in our Membership Class, “One mark of maturity is being willing to set aside your personal preferences and your position for the purpose of the church.” I like the way one of our members, Gigi Wasson, put it on my Facebook wall, “It’s not about us, it’s about reaching the unchurched!!!” You’re right Gigi! So, this Sunday we have our same 3 service schedule: 8:45am, 10:15am, 11:45am. July 3rd there will be only 1 service: 10:15am. And our new service times – 9:30am & 11:15am – start July 10th!
On a personal note, Janet and I had to make a quick emergency trip to Atlanta this week to see Janet’s Dad. Janet’s Dad has been terminal for a while now (congestive heart failure, leukemia, COPD). 3 weeks ago they called in Hospice. When Janet called to talk to her Dad on Father’s Day, we discovered that he had taken a turn for the worst. We drove to Atlanta on Monday and came home Thursday. He actually had a better rest of the week and Janet was able to have some good time visiting with him. Please keep Janet, her Dad, and her family in your prayers.
- Pre-register your child/children NOW for VBS! July 11-15, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. VBS is a life changing experience! Remember, if you change a child’s life – you change the world!
- Friday Night FREE Family Movie Night, tonight, 7pm at the church. We’ll be showing the classic “Finding Nemo.” Come to our new facility, bring lawn chairs or blankets, and watch the movie with your entire family on our Big Screens! We’ll provide popcorn, nachos (plenty of nacho cheese), and hotdogs – all FREE! And we’ll give away a few prizes! It’s going to be awesome!.
- New to Coastal and would like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the church, discover how to get involved, and meet other new people? Then join us for our next Newcomer’s Lunch this Sunday, June 26th, immediately following the 11:45am service (approx. 1pm). Sign up online or respond to this email.
- On Wednesday, June 29th, we’re paying for anyone who wants to go see the newly released, “Finding Dory” at the 11:45am matinee show at the Citadel Mall Theater. Come to the Theater and pick up your FREE Ticket from Coastal!
- Our next BEACH BAPTISM is July 16th, 4pm at the Baptist Beach House right on Folly Beach (1017 W. Ashley St., near the Folly Beach County Park). Sign up online, on your Connect Card or respond to this email if you are interested in getting Baptized! Come out to Folly Beach for a church wide picnic, an afternoon of fun, and a great celebration! We’re going to provide the meat, but we’re asking everyone else to bring drinks and a side to shaire. Our Students will actually be at the Beach House for a Summer Beach Retreat, Friday Night, July 15th – Sunday, July 17th. They will be leaving from the church immediately after the VBS Closing Program and returning after the 2nd service on Sunday, July 17th.
P.S. TEXT Giving (843-277-8337) or Online Giving are both great options over the Summer if you’re out of town!