Janet and I just got back into town last night from her father’s funeral – right as people were leaving from Thursday night of VBS. It was so great seeing everyone – especially for Janet! Janet and I both cannot thank all of you enough for the outpouring of love from our church family. Again, the calls, texts, emails, kind words, and hugs all mean more than you know.
We definitely hit the ground running. It’s going to be a very busy, but very exciting weekend! Tonight is the VBS Closing Program. From 6pm-7pm there will be hotdogs, jump castle, giant slide, petting zoo, and ice cream. And then at 7pm we all go into our new facilty for a magic show, all the kids singing the songs, a slide show from the week, and some special appearances from some of VBS’s favorite characters! It’s going to be AWESOME! Don’t miss it!
And then after the VBS Closing Program, our Middle & High School Students leave for their Beach Retreat at Folly Beach. The whole church is then invited to join them on Saturday for our Beach Baptism and Barbeque! The address of the Beach House is 1017 W. Ashley St., near the Folly Beach County Park. And get this – right now we have 19 people getting Baptized!! It’s going to be AWESOME! After the Baptism, we’ll have a church wide picnic. We’ll provide the paper products and pulled pork barbeque and we’re asking everyone else to bring sides and drinks to share. Come early and enjoy the beach! It’s going to be an awesome day. There is only limited parking available at the house, so if you have a County Park Yearly Car Pass, you might consider parking at the Folly Beach County Park and walking to the house.
And then on Sunday we kick off our new message series, “Summer Reading.” And speaking of Sunday, I absolutely love our new service times – 9:30am & 11:15am! I especially love the extra time we have in between the 2 services. It makes for an easier flow of people and for more time for fellowship. I love the new services times – for now! What I mean by that is that I look forward to the time when we’re busting at the seams and need to add another service. Guess what we’ll do? Add another service and change the times, because we are willing to do anything, short of sin, to reach people.
And then on Sunday afternoon, I leave for Orlando for my Pastor’s Coaching Network. In fact, our whole staff will be driving down on Monday to join me for a week long conference on church systems and evangelism. I’m really looking forward to growing together with our staff. Like I said, we hit the ground running! It’s going to be a busy weekend, but a GREAT one!
- School Supplies are on SALE NOW! It would be a great time to stock up on crayons, colored pencils, markers, stickers for Operation Christmas Child. Feel free to drop off any items at the church.
- Our new Sunday morning Service Times are 9:30am & 11:15am. Our Volunteer Meeting (V.I.P.) will be at 9am.
- Are you interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group this Fall? Let us know now! LIFE Group Sunday is August 28th! All of LIFE Group Info has to be turned in by August 10th.
- Check out all the events going on over the Summer for our WAVES Student Ministry (6th-8th Grade) on the back of the Sunday Morning Announcement Sheet or on our website.
- Our last Summer Movie Night will be Friday night, August 5th, 7-9pm. We’ll provide popcorn, nachos, hotdogs, and drinks. ALL FREE! Bring lawnchairs or a blanket. We’ll be showing the old classic, “Swiss Family Robinson.”
P.S. There is no Chair Set-up this Saturday morning because we already set the chairs up for tonight’s VBS Closing Program. However, we’d love for you join us every other Saturday at 9am to set-up the chairs for Sunday!