Well, I hate to say it, but, “I told you so!” What I told you is that this past weekend was going to be AWESOME! It really was! I can’t say enough good things about VBS, our closing program, and all of our volunteers! By the way, our VBS Missions Offering for Haiti ended up being just over $1300! WOW! And then it just kept getting better and better with the Beach Baptism & Barbeque on Saturday! The weather, the food, the people, the Student Retreat, the fun, and 21 people were baptized into Jesus Christ in the ocean!
On Sunday, we kicked off our “Summer Reading” Sermon Series. I hope this series will encourage you to read some great books and challenge you to grow in your faith. On Sunday afternoon Janet and I left for Orlando for my Pastors Coaching Network and then our entire Staff joined us for a Conference on Church Systems and Evangelism. In fact, we’re in Orlando right now as I type this and will be back on the road for Charleston on Friday afternoon. Keep us in your prayers. We’ve had A LOT of fun and it feels like we’ve been drinking from a fire hydrant! I genuinely love the people I get to lead and work with! Growing churches require growing Pastors and leaders, and it’s an honor to grow with our staff!
- Chair Set-up is back to normal this Saturday morning (tomorrow) at 9am. With 6 or more people it only takes 30 minutes or less – plus it’s a lot of fun!
- This Saturday’s CWP (Concealed Weapons Permit) Class filled up so fast that Stephen Voges (a member of our Security Team & a City of Charleston Police Officer) is offering another class on Saturday, September 10th, at the church, 9am-3pm. $60 for regular students, $40 for Military. Need eye & ear protection, a gun, holster, and 50 rounds of ammo. For more information or to sign up, please contact Stephen at email@example.com or 843-200-5449.
- Are you interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group this Fall? Let us know now! LIFE Group Sunday is August 28th! All of LIFE Group Info has to be turned in by August 10th.
- Check out all the events going on over the Summer for our WAVES Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade). See Ryan Spell for more information.
- Wednesday, July 27: Middle School Dinner & Movie (“The Secret Life of Pets” at Citadel Mall at 6:30pm, meet at Food Court at 5:15pm). Let Ryan know if you’re coming.
- Thursday, July 28: High School Dinner & Movie (“Star Trek: Beyond” at Citadel Mall at 7:45pm, meet at Food Court at 6:30pm). Let Ryan know if you’re coming.
- Wednesday, August 3: Rising 6th Graders Party (Time and Location TBD – probably SkyZone)
- Thursday, August 4: WAVES Service Project, meet at Coastal at 8am
- Friday, August 12: WAVES Back to School Bash – 5 to 8pm at Coastal!!!
- Our last Summer Movie Night will be Friday night, August 5th, 7-9pm. We’ll provide popcorn, nachos, hotdogs, and drinks. ALL FREE! Bring lawnchairs or a blanket. We’ll be showing the old classic, “Swiss Family Robinson.”
P.S. TEXT Giving (843-277-8337) or Online Giving are both great options over the Summer if you’re out of town!