First of all, and most importantly – 2 more people indicated on their Connect Card that they gave their life to Jesus this past Sunday! Coastal, that’s why we do what we do! That’s why we serve, that’s why we share, that’s why we love, that’s why we reach out, that’s why we invite! Just think about the potential impact of those decisions, not just for those individuals, but for their families and friends for generations and on into eternity!
Last Sunday we kicked off our “Summer Reading” series by talking about Tim Keller’s book, “Prodigal God” and Luke 15. Reread the entire chapter of Luke 15 this week. We’re on the same mission that Jesus had – to seek and save the lost. There is no such thing as “good” people or “bad” people. There are only lost people and found people. And if you’ve been found, you help FIND other people! Keep praying for your ONE!
Oh, I’m writing this from Los Angeles! Our entire staff is out here this week for a Church Systems Boot Camp Conference! We’re learning a lot, but yes, we’re also having a blast together! The staff will be flying back tomorrow in time for church on Sunday, but Janet and I are staying a little longer to hang out with our daughter Lydia who lives here in LA. Keep us all in your prayers!
Galen Moyer, from our church, will be preaching for me this Sunday! Galen has spent his entire life in Ministry – as a Pastor of a local church and currently a Hospice Chaplain. He and his wife Perry have served faithfully at Coastal in numerous roles over the years. He’ll be using the book, “The Case for Christ” as the springboard for his message. The following Sunday, August 6th, you’ll get a chance to hear our new Associate Pastor, Scott Whitaker preach. He’ll be using the book, “The Greatness Principle.” I promise you won’t want to miss the next two weeks!
- Don’t forget, especially over the Summer with so many people traveling, you can support the ministry of Coastal any time and any where by giving through our website, our app, or through TEXTing (843-277-8337). Coastal is fully funded by the generous, consistent giving of it’s members – YOU!
- Weren’t able to make our last Membership Class? Our next 2 classes (pick one) are – Saturday mornings, August 19th & September 9th, 9am-12noon. Childcare and refreshments provided. You can sign up online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or respond to this email.
- We are planning and organizing our Fall Semester of LIFE Groups! If you are interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group, please let us know now! LIFE Group Training will be (pick one) Tuesday night, August 22nd, 7-9pm or Saturday morning, August 26th, 10am-12noon. LIFE Group Sunday is August 27th and the Fall Semester starts the week of September 10th. If you are leading a Group, we need all your info by Friday, August 11th.
- If you have a rising 6th Grader, there is a Welcome to WAVES Party for your Student on Friday, August 11th, 6:30pm-7:30pm at Sky Zone in Mt. Pleasant (FREE – includes jumping for an hour, pizza & drink)! This is a great way for you and your student to meet our Youth Pastor Ryan Spell and other volunteers, answer any of your questions, and have a lot of fun!
- New to Coastal? Like to meet our Staff, Ministry Leaders and other new people? Like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the history of our church? Make plans to attend our next Necomer’s Reception, Sunday, August 13th, immediately after our 11:15am service (it’s only about 30 minutes). Childcare and pizza are provided. You can sign up for our Newcomer’s Reception on our website or simply by responding to this email now.
P.S. Mark your calendar now! Our next BIG DAY is going to be Sunday, September 17th! We’ll be kicking off a new Fall Sermon Series with Tailgating & Baptisms OUTSIDE!! We’ll be signing up people for both soon! Start praying for who you will invite!