Well, the Summer is officially almost over. While we’ve had a lot of people out of town and traveling from week to week, one constant this Summer has been the number of 1st time guests each week at our church. Well, this Sunday, immediately after our 11:15am service we have an event just for those of you who are new to Coastal – our Newcomer’s Reception (about 30 minutes in length). It’s a great opportunity to learn more about our church, meet our Staff, Ministry Leaders, and other new people, and discover possible next steps. Childcare and pizza are provided. If you’re interested in attending, the easiest thing to do is to attend the 11:15 service this Sunday and then walk over to the Coastal Kidz Building through the Child Check-in doors and follow the signs to the reception (just outside the 1st-5th Grade auditorium). You can let us know you’re coming by signing up for the Newcomer’s Reception on our website or by simply responding to this email now. You’ll be glad you came! Thanks!
We still have 3 weeks left in our “Summer Reading” series, but I want to go ahead and let you know about our next Big Day. On Sunday, September 17th, we’re kicking off a series on the Life of David called, “After God’s Own Heart.” It’s going to be a great series to invite your friends. David is one of the most recognizable characters in the Bible – from an overlooked nobody who replaced the mad King Saul, to a shepherd on the hillside who wrote many of the Psalms, to the boy warriror who defeated Goliath with sling and a stone, to the fallen King who commits adultery with Bathsheba. Each week, as we look at his life, we’ll talk about what it takes to have a heart for God. So invite and bring as many people as possible and come prepared for a good heart workout!
To kick the series off we’re also having our Annual Coastal Tailgating Competition outside that day! We need at least 10-15 people/groups to volunteer for our Tailgating Competition. And then after each service, in the center of all the Tailgating Tents we’re going to have an outdoor Baptism Service! You can sign up to get Baptized on our website, on your Connect Card, or simply respond to this email. You can sign up to Tailgate on your Connect Card or by simply responding to this email. As you can see, it’s going to be an awesome day and a great series!
- If you have a rising 6th Grader, there is a Welcome to WAVES Party for your Student TONIGHT, August 11th, 6:30pm-7:30pm at Sky Zone in Mt. Pleasant (FREE – includes jumping for an hour, pizza & drink)! This is a great way for you and your student to meet our Youth Pastor Ryan Spell and other volunteers, answer any of your questions, and have a lot of fun!
- Weren’t able to make our last Membership Class? Our next 2 classes (pick one) are – Saturday mornings, August 19th & September 9th, 9am-12noon. Childcare and refreshments provided. You can sign up online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or respond to this email.
- LIFE Group Training (for all Leaders and Assistants) will be (pick one) Tuesday night, August 22nd, 7-9pm or Saturday morning, August 26th, 10am-12noon. LIFE Group Sunday is August 27th and the Fall Semester starts the week of September 10th.
- Love Football and Smack Talk? Sign up and join Coastal’s Fantasy Football League! It’s a PPR, points based league, with weekly head-to-head matchups for bragging rights. Draft night will be held at Coastal on Sunday night, August 27th @6pm (if you can’t make it in person, you can draft online). The number of people who sign up will determine the number of of leagues and the number of people in each league. You can respond to this email to sign up or sign up on your Connect Card. Sign up deadline is August 20th. This League is for ANYONE – men or women!
- Interested in serving at Coastal? Like to get a behind the scenes look at a particular Ministry? Sign up for “Shadow Day” on Sunday, August 20th (the Sunday before the Solar Eclipse – get it – “Shadow Day”). You can sign up on your Connect Card. Just indicate the area that you would like to “shadow” and a LIFE Team Leader will contact you.
P.S. On Sunday, September 3rd (Labor Day Weekend) we will only have one Sunday morning Worship Service – our 9:30am service.