I can’t say enough good things about this year’s VBS! Everything has gone so smooth! Right now (despite some pretty sketchy weather) we’ve seen over 140 children! Tonight is the Closing Program. For the Closing Program there will be a Big Party outside from 6-7pm with a petting zoo, jump castles, giant slide, FREE Kona Ice, and hotdogs! At 6:30pm Ryan, Joe, AND ME will all be taking a pie in the face because the kids GAVE OVER $1000! The money raised is going to the Lusungu Children’s Home in Zambia, Africa – our mission this week (you can still give tonight). And then at 7pm everyone will go inside the auditorium for a magician, video, and songs from our children! It’s been an AWESOME week! Even if you haven’t been able to come out to VBS during the week, everyone is invited to come tonight and enjoy all the fun! I know I say this all the time, but it’s true – WE HAVE THE BEST VOLUNTEERS AT COASTAL!
I also want to thank our church for your generosity – your giving! Everything we do, including our VBS, is fully funded by the consistent, generous giving of our church – YOU! And this year’s VBS was specifically funded through our Christmas Offering. On top of that so many people have donated food, supplies, and their time! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Together we are changing the world – one child at a time!
Our entire Staff is heading out to Los Angeles this Sunday after church! My Pastor’s Coaching Network will be meeting on Monday & Tuesday at a church in LA. And then on Wednesday through Friday we’ll all be participating in a Church Systems Bootcamp Conference together! Keep us in your prayers! Growing churches require growing leaders and staff. And we are blessed at Coastal with a great staff! The staff will be returning to Charleston on Saturday, July 29th. Janet and I will be staying back in Los Angeles a little bit longer to hang out with our daughter Lydia and for a much needed vacation. I’ll be preaching this Sunday, July 23rd. Galen Moyer will be preaching on July 30th. Scott Whitaker will be preaching on August 6th.
- Our next Sermon Series, “Summer Reading,” begins this Sunday, July 23rd. The idea for the series is that each week we’ll be using a the subject matter from one of 7 different books as the subject matter for that Sunday’s message. All 7 of the books are books that I recommend and are definitely worth reading. The 7 Books this Summer in order are: “The Prodigal God” by Tim Keller, “The Case for Christ” by Lee Strobel, “The Greatness Principle” by Nelson Searcy, “Accidental Pharisees” by Larry Osborne, “Grave Robber” by Mark Batterson, “God Will Use This For Good” by Max Lucado, and “More Than A Carpenter” by Josh McDowell. Happy Reading! Remember, “Leaders are Readers!” We will have a very small amount (first come, first serve) of each book available for sale for only $5 per book! You can also purchase each book online (Amazon or Christian Book Distributor).
- Weren’t able to make our last Membership Class? Our next 2 classes (pick one) are – Saturday mornings, August 19th & September 9th, 9am-12noon. Childcare and refreshments provided. You can sign up online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or respond to this email.
- We are planning and organizing our Fall Semester of LIFE Groups! If you are interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group, please let us know now! LIFE Group Training will be (pick one) Tuesday night, August 22nd, 7-9pm or Saturday morning, August 26th, 10am-12noon. LIFE Group Sunday is August 27th and the Fall Semester starts the week of September 10th. If you are leading a Group, we need all your info by Friday, August 11th.
- If you have a rising 6th Grader, there is a Welcome to WAVES Party for your Student on Friday, August 11th, 6:30pm-7:30pm at Sky Zone in Mt. Pleasant (FREE – includes jumping for an hour, pizza & drink)! This is a great way for you and your student to meet our Youth Pastor Ryan Spell and other volunteers, answer any of your questions, and have a lot of fun!
- New to Coastal? Like to meet our Staff, Ministry Leaders and other new people? Like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the history of our church? Make plans to attend our next Necomer’s Reception, Sunday, August 13th, immediately after our 11:15am service (it’s only about 30 minutes). Childcare and pizza are provided. You can sign up for our Newcomer’s Reception on our website or simply by responding to this email now.
I LOVE OUR CHURCH!
P.S. Ryan Spell is leading a Team of 13 people from our church for a Missions Trip to Peru on Monday, July 31st. Keep them in your prayers!