We had one more person give their life to Jesus this past Sunday – one more light to turn on our ONE Sign, one more person who crossed over from death to life, one more reason to celebrate! Keep it up Coastal! Keep reaching out to your ONE! Keep praying for your ONE and for the growth of our church!
VBS begings this Monday – July 17-21, 6-8pm for children 4 years old – 5th Grade! If you haven’t already done so, PLEASE REGISTER ONLINE! Online Registration shuts down tonight! This gives our Registration Team time to put everyone together in their groups. But don’t worry, Walk Up Registration will still be available each night of VBS! So keep spreading the word and bring kids with you each night! The real heroes of VBS are all of our AWESOME VOLUNTEERS! Not only is VBS life changing for all the kids, but it’s also life changing for our volunteers! If you haven’t signed up to volunteer yet, reach out to Janet at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-442-8299.
The Embrace Grace (Ministry to Single Pregnant Moms) Baby Shower is one month away, Saturday, August 12th at 3pm, at the home of Heather Ranew (1515 Ashley Garden Blvd)! The shower changes lives with EXTRAVAGANT LOVE! Will you consider being a part of this extravagant love by adopting a young, brave mom and showering her with the things she needs for her baby? Select from the links below to purchase her gifts. You can also join together with a group of friends, your LIFE Group, co-workers, etc. to cover a list and bless a single young mom. We would LOVE to have whoever is purchasing items to come and experience God’s tangible presence at the shower! Once gifts are purchased & received, you can simply drop them off at the church.
Here are the links for each Mom and their wishlists:
Amber – https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1BLTRTF8YBJ43
Daisha – https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2OEF1MDDGXKM3
Rashwanna – https://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/3SL173XXWV1T
Taylor – https://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/166LNHUZIJK6M
Tiffany – https://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/24LALZOGGCJ5
Thank you for blessing an Embrace Grace mom and her baby by purchasing gifts for her to open at the shower. Please continue to pray for these brave moms. If you would like to attend the Baby Shower, please RSVP with Morgan Wessel at email@example.com.
- Our next Sermon Series, “Summer Reading,” begins Sunday, July 23rd. The idea for the series is that each week I’ll be using a the subject matter from one of 7 different books as the subject matter for that Sunday’s message. All 7 of the books are books that I recommend and are definitely worth reading. The 7 Books this Summer in order are: “The Prodigal God” by Tim Keller, “The Case for Christ” by Lee Strobel, “The Greatness Principle” by Nelson Searcy, “Accidental Pharisees” by Larry Osborne, “Grave Robber” by Mark Batterson, “God Will Use This For Good” by Max Lucado, and “More Than A Carpenter” by Josh McDowell. Happy Reading! Remember, “Leaders are Readers!” We will have a very small amount (first come, first serve) of each book available for sale for only $5 per book! You can also purchase each book online (Amazon or Christian Book Distributor).
- Weren’t able to make our last Membership Class? Our next 2 classes (pick one) are – Saturday mornings, August 19th & September 9th, 9am-12noon. Childcare and refreshments provided. You can sign up online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or respond to this email.
- We are planning and organizing our Fall Semester of LIFE Groups! If you are interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group, please let us know! LIFE Group Training will be (pick one) Tuesday night, August 22nd, 7-9pm or Saturday morning, August 26th, 10am-12noon. LIFE Group Sunday is August 27th and the Fall Semester starts the week of September 10th.
- If you have a rising 6th Grader, there is a Welcome to WAVES Party for your Student on Friday, August 11th, 6:30pm-7:30pm at Sky Zone in Mt. Pleasant (FREE – includes jumping for an hour, pizza & drink)! This is a great way for you and your student to meet our Youth Pastor Ryan Spell and other volunteers, answer any of your questions, and have a lot of fun!
- New to Coastal? Like to meet our Staff, Ministry Leaders and other new people? Like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the history of our church? Make plans to attend our next Necomer’s Reception, Sunday, August 13th, immediately after our 11:15am service (it’s only about 30 minutes). Childcare and pizza are provided. You can sign up for our Newcomer’s Reception on our website or simply by responding to this email now.
I LOVE OUR CHURCH!
P.S. Mark your calendar now! Our next Baptism Service is going to Sunday, September 17th! We’ll be kicking off a new Fall Sermon Series with Tailgating & Baptisms OUTSIDE!! We’ll be signing up people for both soon!