I can’t thank everyone enough for all the “Birthday Love” this past weekend! The party (we definitely need to dance more often), the heartfelt cards, the thoughtful gifts, the calls and emails – all of it – so very generous, kind, and loving! I am a deeply grateful Pastor of the best church family on the planet! If this weekend was any indication at all, the 50’s are going to be awesome!
We have 2 more weeks of our “At the Movies” series before we start “Summer Reading.” This week’s message is all about SEX! As always, we will share the truth of God’s Word, but do so in grace and love. For far too long the church has pretty much either defined it’s position on sex by what it’s against, or we’ve just been silent. Don’t miss this Sunday as we talk about how to experience God’s plan for a great sex life!
- Don’t forget to bring non-perishable food for our Food Pantry this Sunday. There will be a drop off table in the back off the auditorium.
- There is a VBS Crew Leader Volunteer Meeting July 10th, 7pm-8:30pm!
- VBS is just over a week away – July 17-21, 6-8pm for children 4 years old – 5th Grade! If you haven’t already done so, PLEASE REGISTER ONLINE! We need everyone to volunteer in some way to help make VBS a success. Make sure you fill out and turn in the VBS Voluteer Insert in your Sunday Program.
- Weren’t able to make our last Membership Class? Our next 2 classes (pick one) are – Saturday mornings, August 19th & September 9th, 9am-12noon. Childcare and refreshments provided. You can sign up online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or respond to this email.
- We are planning and organizing our Fall Semester of LIFE Groups! If you are interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group, please let us know! LIFE Group Training will be (pick one) Tuesday night, August 22nd, 7-9pm or Saturday morning, August 26th, 10am-12noon. LIFE Group Sunday is August 27th and the Fall Semester starts the week of September 10th.
P.S. Our Students are leaving from the church on Saturday (tomorrow) at 7am for an all day Carowinds Trip. The discounted tickets are all sold at this point, but there is still room for a few more students in the vans. The cost would be $55 (ticket at the gate & transportation). Contact Ryan Spell if you are interested – firstname.lastname@example.org.