DON’T MISS THIS SUNDAY AT COASTAL! We kick off the Summer with a Coastal Summer tradition – “At the Movies!” The theme of this year’s “At the Movies!” series is, “Chick Flicks & Date Nights.” Each week we’ll be looking at what the Bible has to say about love, sex, dating, marriage, and relationships. Each week of the series ALL 1st time guests will receive a FREE MOVIE TICKET to Citadel Mall Theater. In fact, if you bring a guest with you to church, come over the blue Guest Tent and not only will your guest get a ticket, but you will too! Oh, and we’re also giving away a flat screen tv in both services! So – who are you inviting?
And then, after church we’re having a “Baptism & Barbecue” at Folly Beach County Park! Over 20 people are getting baptized right now!! The Baptism will be at 4pm with a Barbeque immediately following. We’ve reserved the Pelican Watch Pavillion all day. We’ll provide the pulled pork BBQ, paper products, and drinks and we’re asking everyone to pitch in and bring sides/dishes/desserts to share! You can sign up for this Baptism on our website, on your Connect Card, or by responding to this email. Parking at the Folly Beach County Park is $10 (just say you’re with Coastal at the gate – it’s normally $15 on the weekends) or free for Gold Pass Members. For those looking to carpool, we’ll have a school bus leaving Coastal at 3pm for the Beach. You can get a FREE ticket to ride the bus from Ryan Spell on Sunday morning (50 spaces, first come/first serve). The bus will be leaving the Beach at 6pm and returning to Coastal.
- Our Summer Semester LIFE Groups have begun! You can still sign up online today, on your Connect Card or at the LIFE Group table on Sunday.
- On Father’s Day, June 18th, we’re having a WING FEST Competition! Sign up on your Connect Card to participate and bring a minimum of 100-150 of your best wings! The wings will be judged – best overall, best sauce, hottest (with flavor). There will be PRIZES!
- After our “At the Movies!” series, we’ll be in another Coastal Summer Sermon Series tradition called, “Summer Reading.” Each week I’ll be using a the subject matter from one of 6 different books as the subject matter for that Sunday’s message. All 6 of the books are books that I recommend and are definitely worth reading. We’ll publish a list of the books soon and even have a table at the church on a Sunday with a small supply of all 6 books that you can purchase at a discounted price. Remember, “Leaders are Readers!”
- ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for this Summer’s VBS! This year’s theme is “Maker Fun Factory: Created by God – Built for a Purpose.” The Dates for VBS are July 17-21, 6-8pm for children 4 years old – 5th Grade. Register today and help us spread the word! There will be a volunteer insert in this Sunday’s bulletin. VBS is “all hands on deck” at Coastal! We need everyone to volunteer in some way to help make VBS a success.
- Looking for something fun to do over the Summer and a great way to serve? Consider joining our “Monday Morning Follow-Up Team” (Monday Mornings 9am-11am) or our “Super Service Friday Team” (Friday Mornings 10:30am-12:30pm)! Both Teams are great opportunities to fellowship, serve, and get involved with what happens here at Coastal. To volunteer for this ministry you can respond to this email, sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday, or contact Ashley Hojnacki (Ashley@coastalcommunitychurch.org). Love to see you on Fridays!
P.S. SAVE THE DATE! You probably have already heard – I turn 50 this year on July 1st! I know, I know, I don’t look a day over 30 – haha! Well, you’re all invited to PARTY & CELEBRATE with me on Friday, June 30th, 7-9pm at the church! There will be plenty of FOOD, CAKE, & DANCING! No childcare – everyone welcome! Don’t miss it!