“Schoooool’s out for Summer!” And now another song is stuck in your head – you’re welcome (old-school props to anyone who knows the singer of that song)! The first week of June marks the last week of school! It’s hard to believe the school year has come and gone already. In fact today, I want you to say a little prayer for me. I’ve been asked to be one of the speakers for the 5th Grade Graduation over at Oakland Elementary School. How awesome is that!
This is going to be such an excting Summer at Coastal – “At the Movies”, Beach Baptism, Student LIFE Camp, VBS, Peru, “Summer Reading”, and much more! Next Sunday, June 11th, we kick off our first Sermon Series of the Summer – “At the Movies! – Chick Flicks & Date Nights!” Each week we’ll be looking at what the Bible has to say about love, sex, dating, marriage, and relationships. Each week of the series ALL 1st time guests will receive a FREE MOVIE TICKET to Citadel Mall Theater. In fact, if you bring a guest with you to church, come over the blue Guest Tent and not only will your guest get a ticket, but you will too! So – who are you inviting?
And then later that same day, we’re having a “Barbeque & Baptism” at Folly Beach County Park! Over 20 people are getting baptized right now!! The Baptism will be at 4pm with a Barbeque immediately following. We’ve reserved the Pelican Watch Pavillion all day. We’ll provide the pulled pork BBQ, paper products, and drinks and we’re asking everyone to pitch in and bring sides/dishes/desserts to share! You can sign up for this Baptism on our website, on your Connect Card, or by responding to this email.
- Our Summer Semester LIFE Groups starts this coming week! You can sign up online today, on your Connect Card or at the LIFE Group table on Sunday.
- New to Coastal? Like to meet our Staff, Ministry Leaders and other new people? Like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the history of our church? Make plans to attend our Necomer’s Reception, this Sunday, June 4th, immediately after our 11:15am service (it’s only about 30 minutes). Childcare and pizza are provided. You can sign up for our Newcomer’s Reception on our website or simply by responding to this email now.
- On Father’s Day, June 18th, we’re having a WING FEST Competition! Sign up on your Connect Card to participate and bring a minimum of 100-150 of your best wings! The wings will be judged and there will be PRIZES!
- After our “At the Movies!” series, we’ll be in another Coastal Summer Sermon Series tradition called, “Summer Reading.” Each week I’ll be using a the subject matter from one of 6 different books as the subject matter for that Sunday’s message. All 6 of the books are books that I recommend and are definitely worth reading. We’ll publish a list of the books soon and even have a table at the church on a Sunday with a small supply of all 6 books that you can purchase at a discounted price. Remember, “Leaders are Readers!”
- ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for this Summer’s VBS! This year’s theme is “Maker Fun Factory: Created by God – Built for a Purpose.” The Dates for VBS are July 17-21, 6-8pm for children 4 years old – 5th Grade. Register today and help us spread the word! There will be a volunteer insert in this Sunday’s bulletin. VBS is “all hands on deck” at Coastal! We need everyone to volunteer in some way to help make VBS a success.
P.S. We need volunteers each and every Saturday at 9am to help set up our chairs. With 6 or more people, it only takes about 30 minutes or less. If you consider Coastal you church home, consider volunteering at least once over the Summer. Simply show up at the new building on any Saturday at 9am and there will be people there to show you what to do. If you’re interested in serving regularly or have any questions, call or text Joey Broach at 843-901-6455.