Friday’s Five – 6-16-17
What a great start to “At the Movies!” this past Sunday! I kicked off the series using the classic “Date Night/Chick Flick” movie Cassablanca to talk about God’s original design for marriage. As always we gave away a lot popcorn and some cool gifts at the end of each service! Speaking of cool gifts – how about those cool Coastal shades we gave away in honor of the start of “At the Movies” and our day at the Beach! That really was the highlight of the day – our Beach Baptism!! 20 people went public with their faith through Baptism out in the ocean at Folly Beach! It never gets old! Each person and their story brought tears of joy to my eyes! It was so beautiful! I posted a video of the Bapstim on Facebook that Ryan made with a GoPro. Make sure you check it out and share it!
This Sunday, of course, is Father’s Day! We’re going to have a lot of fun at Coastal! First of all, we’re having a “WING FEST!” Outside there will be a large tent with a bunch of people giving away their favorite chicken wings for you to try and vote on! Kona Ice will be giving away FREE Snow Cones! We will even have a few fun giveaways at the end of each service. Plus, there will be a Baby/Child Dedication at the beginning of the second service! I’ll be preaching a messag about the kind of men that God is looking for! If you’re in town, DON’T MISS IT! Invite and bring friends! Remember, you and your 1st Time Guest get FREE Movie Tickets during our “At the Movies!” series. But if you are out of town, don’t forget that you can watch the service live from our website.
You should have received your mid-year Giving Statement from the church in the mail this week. If you have any questions or did not receive yours, please give our office a call. First of all, thank you for generosity! We couldn’t do what we do without your generous, consistent giving. Each light we turn on, each Baptism, each life changed is a direct result of your giving. As you look at the record of your giving so far this past year, ask yourself two questions, “What does my giving say about my faith? & What is the next step in my giving?” For some of you, your next step is to be more consistent. Consider automating your giving. Some of you need to step out in faith and start tithing – a full 10% of what you earn. Tithing is the only area where God says, “Test me.” Put God to the test and He will prove Himself faithful. You take care of God’s business and He will take care of yours. Again, thank you! Together – we are are making an impact in this world and in the next!
- Our Students leave for Student LIFE Camp in Myrtle Beach this coming Monday morning and return on Friday! Please keep them in your prayers! If you would like to give a scholarship to help pay for a Student’s cost of camp, please contact Ryan Spell at email@example.com or 843-442-8985.
- Summer Semester LIFE Groups have begun! You can still sign up online! The Summer Semester lasts until VBS.
- After our “At the Movies!” series, we’ll be in another Coastal Summer Sermon Series tradition called, “Summer Reading.” Each week I’ll be using a the subject matter from one of 6 different books as the subject matter for that Sunday’s message. All 6 of the books are books that I recommend and are definitely worth reading. The 6 Books this Summer are: “The Prodigal God” by Tim Keller, “Accidental Pharisees” by Larry Osborne, “The Greatness Principle” by Nelson Searcy, “The Case for Christ” by Lee Strobel, “Grave Robber” by Mark Batterson, and “God Will Use This For Good” by Max Lucado. Happy Reading! Remember, “Leaders are Readers!”
- ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for this Summer’s VBS! This year’s theme is “Maker Fun Factory: Created by God – Built for a Purpose.” The Dates for VBS are July 17-21, 6-8pm for children 4 years old – 5th Grade. Register today and help us spread the word! There will be a volunteer insert in this Sunday’s bulletin. VBS is “all hands on deck” at Coastal! We need everyone to volunteer in some way to help make VBS a success. Make sure you fill out and turn in the VBS Voluteer Insert in your Sunday Program.
- Looking for something fun to do over the Summer and a great way to serve? Consider joining our “Monday Morning Follow-Up Team” (Monday Mornings 9am-11am) or our “Super Service Friday Team” (Friday Mornings 10:30am-12:30pm)! Both Teams are great opportunities to fellowship, serve, and get involved with what happens here at Coastal. To volunteer for this ministry you can respond to this email, sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday, or contact Ashley Hojnacki (Ashley@coastalcommunitychurch.org). Love to see you on Fridays!
P.S. SAVE THE DATE! You probably have already heard – I turn 50 this year on July 1st! I know, I know, I don’t look a day over 30 – haha! Well, you’re all invited to PARTY & CELEBRATE with me on Friday, June 30th, 7-9pm at the church! There will be plenty of FOOD, CAKE, & DANCING! No childcare – everyone welcome! Don’t miss it!
Comments are closed.