Well, other than my Bod4God walking group getting rained out on Monday, it looks like we had a great first week of our Summer Semester of LIFE Groups! If you haven’t joined one yet, it’s not too late. We have a wide variety of Groups! I promise you’ll be glad you joined one! (My Group will be meeting at Hampton Park on Monday night, 6:30pm for a fun night of exercise!)
I hope you enjoyed our “At the Movies!” kick-off this past Sunday! This Sunday, we have a special guest speaker, Scott Huff, our former Youth Pastor! Scott is a great communicator and great friend of mine and Coastal. Don’t miss what God has to say through him.
And speaking of “At the Movies!”, don’t miss our Friday Night FREE Family Movie Night, tonight at 7pm at the church. We’ll be showing the newly released “Zootopia.” (On Friday night, June 24th, at 7pm we’ll be showing the family classic, “Finding Nemo.”) Come to our new facility, bring lawn chairs or blankets, and watch the movie with your entire family on our Big Screens! We’ll provide popcorn, nachos, and hotdogs – all FREE! And we’ll give away a few prizes! It’s going to be awesome!
Take advantage of all of these opportunities to invite and bring your friends to Coastal!
- The dates of VBS this year are July 11-15, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. Pre-register your child/children NOW! VBS is a life changing experience! Remember, if you change a child’s life – you change the world!
- You are not going to want to miss Father’s Day this year – June 19th! We will be having another child/baby dedication. We’ll be giving away a special gift to all men! We’ll be giving away Bar-b-que Sliders! And there will be an awesome Photo Booth for you and your family & friends to take pictures and have fun! If you are interested in participating in the Baby Dedication, please sign up on your Connect Card or respond to this email. Include your child’s full name and the service you will be attending.
- New to Coastal and would like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the church, discover how to get involved, and meet other new people? Then join us for our next Newcomer’s Lunch on Sunday, June 26th, immediately following the 11:45am service (approx. 1pm). Sign up online, on your Connect Card or respond to this email.
- Not only at Coastal do we feed a lot of people on Sunday morning through our Cafe, but we feed a lot of people in our community throughout the week through our Food Pantry. However, our Food Pantry is getting low. If you would like to help us restock our Food Pantry and feed the hurting in our community simply drop off any non-perishable food items on Sunday morning or throughout the week.
- Our next BEACH BAPTISM is July 16th, 4pm at the Baptist Beach House right on Folly Beach (1017 W. Ashley St., near the Folly Beach County Park). Sign up online, on your Connect Card or respond to this email if you are interested in getting Baptized! Come out to Folly Beach for a church wide picnic, an afternoon of fun, and a great celebration!
Pastor Chris (friend me on Facebook)
P.S. Don’t ever think that Coastal has enough volunteers and that there isn’t a place for YOU to serve on one of our LIFE Teams! We need YOU! Whether it’s our Children’s Ministry, 1st Impressions, the Cafe, Security Team, Tech Booth – there is a place for YOU! If you are interested in serving, respond to this email and WE WILL follow up.