I’m excited about this coming week for a couple of reasons. One: our Summer Semester of LIFE Groups starts! Check out all the different LIFE Groups on our website or in your bulletin! The Summer Semester is only 5 weeks long. We have a wide variety of Groups! I promise you’ll be glad you joined a LIFE Group!
Two: we kick off a Summer Sermon Series tradition here at Coastal this Sunday – “At the Movies!” It’s where we use current or popular movies that people are seeing and talking about as a hook to talk about spiritual truth! All of our 1st Time Guests (your friends) get FREE Movie Tickets (and if your friend attends with you, come up to me and I’ll give you a FREE Movie Ticket as well)! We give away a bunch of gifts! We even have freshly popped popcorn in all of our services!
And this year, since we have our new building, twice during the series we’re going to have a Friday Night FREE Family Movie Night. On Friday night, June 10th, at 7pm we’ll be showing the newly released “Zootopia.” On Friday night, June 24th, at 7pm we’ll be showing the family classic, “Finding Nemo.” Come to our new facility, bring lawn chairs or blankets, and watch the movie with your entire family on our Big Screens! We’ll provide popcorn, nachos, and hotdogs – all FREE! It’s going to be awesome! During the last week of June we’re going to have our Annual FREE Family Movie Matinee at Citadel Mall Theater to watch the new “Finding Dory.”
Take advantage of all of these opportunities to invite and bring your friends to Coastal!
- The dates of VBS this year are July 11-15, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. Check out the VBS Volunteer Insert in your Bulletin and sign up this weekend! VBS is a life changing experience for our children and our volunteers! Remember, if you change a child’s life – you change the world!
- Father’s Day is just around the corner – June 19th! We will be having another child/baby dedication. If you are interested in participating, please sign up on your Connect Card or respond to this email. Include your child’s full name and the service you will be attending.
- New to Coastal and would like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the church, discover how to get involved, and meet other new people? Then join us for our next Newcomer’s Lunch on Sunday, June 26th, immediately following the 11:45am service (approx. 1pm). Sign up on your Connect Card or respond to this email.
- Not only at Coastal do we feed a lot of people on Sunday morning through our Cafe, but we feed a lot of people in our community throughout the week through our Food Pantry. However, our Food Pantry is getting low. If you would like to help us restock our Food Pantry and feed the hurting in our community simply drop off any non-perishable food items on Sunday morning or throughout the week.
- Our next BEACH BAPTISM is July 16th, 4pm at the Baptist Beach House right on Folly Beach (1017 W. Ashley St., near the Folly Beach County Park). Fill out your Connect Card if you are interested in getting Baptized! Come out to Folly Beach for a church wide picnic, an afternoon of fun, and a great celebration!
Pastor Chris (friend me on Facebook)
P.S. Did you know that Coastal has an App for your smart phone? In fact, we’ve had one for a while now. Go to your App Store (wherever you get apps) and search for Coastal Community Church of Charleston. You’ll see our logo. The App is FREE. You’ll be able to keep up with all things Coastal, listen to messages, and even read the Word. Download it today and help us spread the word!