Mother’s day this past Sunday was so GREAT! I hope you were blessed! It was so awesome to have so many children participate in our Baby Dedication. My heart was so full by the end of the day! By the way, you can pick your Family PIctures this Sunday at church. if you missed out on Baby Dedication, don’t fret! We’re planning another Baby Dedication this Summer on Father’s Day, June 19th.
Speaking of the Summer – I’m really getting pumped up about everything that we’re planning! We kick off a Summer Sermon Series tradition on June 5th with “At the Movies!” It’s where we use current, popular movies that people are seeing and talking about as a hook to talk about spiritual truth! All of our 1st Time Guests (your friends) get FREE Movie Tickets! We give away a bunch of gifts! We even have freshly popped popcorn in all of our services! And this year, since we have our new building, twice during the series we’re going to have a Friday Night FREE Family Movie Night. Bring a blanket or your lawn chairs, watch a movie in the gym on our Big Screens, enjoy popcorn, hotdogs, and nachos! Our Students will be heading to Wake Forest for Stuedent LIFE Camp, June 13th-17th. As always VBS is going to be AWESOME – July 11th-15th! I can’t wait to see what an impact our new facility makes on VBS! We’ve rented a Beach House right on Folly Beach for our WAVES Student Ministry to have a Summer Beach Retreat – July 15th-17th! The whole church is going to join them on Saturday, July 16th for a cookout and Beach Baptism Service! And then we’ll close out the Summer with another Summer Sermon Series Tradition – “Summer Reading“! I truly believe that Leaders are Readers. So each Summer I give you about 5-6 books to read and then I preach a message based on the subject matter of each book. We’ll post & provide the book titles soon! As you can see, it’s going to be an AWESOME Summer! So if you’re in town, don’t miss a thing! Continue to leverage everything we do by inviting your friends and bringint them to church!
- We are looking to expand our Sunday morning Tech Team! If you have any knowledge or experience with running lights, light boards, lighting software or video filming/live streaming, please see me, respond to this email or give me a call.
- There is a Security Team Meeting this Saturday (tomorrow morning), May 14th, 10am.
- Looking for a place to serve at Coastal? We’re forming a Chair Team Ministry! We need a minimum of 6 people each Saturday morning at 9am to set up our chairs in the auditorium. If you are interested in joining this team and serving once or twice a month, please respond to this email.
- If you have not yet turned in any money for a deposit for Student LIFE Camp (June 13-17) for your Student (6th-12th Grade), please see Ryan and do so soon.
Our Students are planning 2 Fundraisers:
- The first one is “Zumba Loves WAVES!” Prisca Denton (who I like to call the Queen of Zumba) has graciously volunteered to host a Zumba event in our gym on Sunday, May 22nd, 2:30-3:30pm. The event itself is free, but a $5 minimum donation is appreciated and people are encouraged to give more. Spread the word!
- The second event is a Charleston Riverdogs Game on Saturday night, June 4th, 6:30pm. Tickets are $12 and $5 of that cost will go directly to each student as they sell tickets. It’s usually a great Church-wide event. See a Student and buy some tickets!
- We are in the process of planning out our short Summer Semester (5 weeks) of LIFE Groups. If you are interested in leading, assisting, or hosting, or if you have a great idea for a Summer Group, please contact us now. Simply respond to this email, talk to me (Pastor Chris), or see Julie. There is a mandatory LIFE Group Leader Training on Saturday, May 21st, 10am-12noon. Childcare provided.
P.S. Don’t forget – there will only be one large service, 10:15am, on Memorial Weekend, 4th of July Weekend, and Labor Day Weekend!