“I’m baaaaack!” Janet and I had a blast hanging out with our daughter Lydia in Los Angeles (hopefully I didn’t bug you too much with pictures and commentary on social media), but it’s always great to be home. It was only a week, but we truly missed our Coastal family! However, I knew everything would be fine and go great on Sunday – and it did! By the way, I told you not to miss Galen preaching this past Sunday! He did a great job!
This coming Sunday is Mother’s Day! Mother’s Day is always a lot of fun at Coastal! In fact, it’s ususally one of our biggest days of the Spring! Renee Lyons will be taking family pictures. The Kona Ice Truck will be on campus giving away FREE Snow Cones! We have a little gift for all the women present! We have a few fun giveaways at the end of each service. Plus, right now we have around 15 Babies/Children participating in Baby/Child Dedication! As you can see, it’s going to be an AWESOME Day! However, keep in mind that for many people, especial many women, Mother’s Day can be difficult. We try to recognize that and be sensitive to that as well.
On another note, I want to let you know about a couple of ministry needs that we have right now at the church. We are looking to expand our Sunday morning Tech Team! If you have any knowledge or experience with running lights, light boards, lighting software or video filming/live streaming, please see me, respond to this email or give me a call. We are also in need of someone with Bookkeeping/Quick Books skills/experience to serve as a backup for our primary bookkeeper. If you are available and interested, please let me know.
- Because of the visitation and funeral this week (funeral service today at 2pm) for Melanie & Michael Townsend’s son, Zachary, our chairs are already set up for this Sunday. There will be NO chair set up on Saturday morning.
- Want to formalize your commitment to Coastal? Want officially make Coastal your church family? Our next Membership Class is this Saturday (tomorrow), May 7th, 9am-Noon, in the old auditorium. Childcare & light refreshments provided. It’s not too late to attend. Simply respond to this email or sign up online, so that we know that you are coming.
- If you are interested in participating in our Baby/Child Dedication this Sunday, it’s still not too late. Simply respond to this email to let us know that you want to participate. We need Parent’s names, child’s full name, and the service you will be attending. (Keep in mind, we will have another Baby/Child Dedication on Father’s Day.)
- If you have not yet turned in any money for a deposit for Student LIFE Camp (June 13-17) for your Student (6th-12th Grade), please see Ryan and do so soon. Our Students are planning 2 Fundraisers. The first one is “Zumba Loves WAVES!” Prisca Denton (who I like to call the Queen of Zumba) has graciously volunteered to host a Zumba event in our gym on Sunday, May 22nd, 2:30-3:30pm. The event itself is free, but a $5 minimum donation is appreciated and people are encouraged to give more. Spread the word! The second event is a Charleston Riverdogs Game on Saturday night, June 4th, 6:30pm. Tickets are $12 and $5 of that cost will go directly to each student as they sell tickets. It’s usually a great Church-wide event. See a Student and buy some tickets!
- We are in the process of planning out our short Summer Semester (5 weeks) of LIFE Groups. If you are interested in leading, assisting, or hosting, or if you have a great idea for a Summer Group, please contact us now. Simply respond to this email, talk to me (Pastor Chris), or see Julie.
P.S. Don’t forget – there will only be one large service, 10:15am, on Memorial Weekend, 4th of July Weekend, and Labor Day Weekend.