Only 2 weeks left of school in Charleston County! Are you ready for the Summer? As I shared with you last week, I’m really excited about everything happening at Coastal this Summer! One of those things is our Summer Semester of LIFE Groups. Even though the Summer semester is shorter (only 5 weeks), it’s very important. It helps maintain discipleship/care over the Summer, it keeps us from losing momentum going into the Fall, and it serves as a great “taste” of community and LIFE Groups for those of you who may have never been a part of one. Groups begin the week of June 5th and end the week of July 3rd (the week before VBS). You can sign up for a Group 3 different ways, but you only have to sign up once. The Summer Catalog is now available on our website and you can sign up there. You can sign up on your Connect Card starting this Sunday. Or there will be a table available with sign up sheets. Again, 3 different ways to sign up, but you only have to sign up once. Once you sign up, you will be contacted by your Group Leader before the Group begins.
Also, don’t forget that we kick off a Summer Sermon Series tradition on June 5th with “At the Movies!” It’s where we use current, popular movies that people are seeing and talking about as a hook to talk about spiritual truth! All of our 1st Time Guests (your friends) get FREE Movie Tickets (and if your friend attends with you, come up to me and I’ll give you a FREE Movie Ticket as well)! We give away a bunch of gifts! We even have freshly popped popcorn in all of our services! And this year, since we have our new building, twice during the series we’re going to have a Friday Night FREE Family Movie Night. Bring a blanket or your lawn chairs, watch a movie in the gym on our Big Screens, enjoy popcorn, hotdogs, and nachos! It’s going to be awesome!
- We had a GREAT response to the VBS Volunteer Insert this past Sunday. The insert will be in this week’s bulletin as well. The greatest need at this point is Crew Leaders. Sign up this Sunday or respond to this email. If you already filled out the insert or contacted Janet, you don’t need fill out one again. The dates of VBS are July 11-15, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade.
- Neal Van Scyoc is now the Leader of our Chair Team Ministry! If you are interested in joining this team and serving once or twice a month, please respond to this email or contact Neal at NealVS@aol.com. We need a minimum of 6 people each Saturday morning at 9am to set up our chairs. There is also a sign up list clip board next to the storage room in the auditorium.
- If you have not yet turned in any money for a deposit for Student LIFE Camp (June 13-17) for your Student (6th-12th Grade), please see Ryan and do so soon.
Our Students are planning 2 Fundraisers:
- The first one is “Zumba Loves WAVES!” Prisca Denton (who I like to call the Queen of Zumba) has graciously volunteered to host a Zumba event in our gym THIS Sunday, May 22nd, 2:30-3:30pm. The event itself is free, but a $5 minimum donation is appreciated and people are encouraged to give give generously. Spread the word!
- The second event is a Charleston Riverdogs Game on Saturday night, June 4th, 6:30pm. Tickets are $12 and $5 of that cost will go directly to each student as they sell tickets. It’s usually a great Church-wide event. See a Student and buy some tickets!
- There is a mandatory LIFE Group Leader Training on Saturday (tomorrow morning), May 21st, 10am-12noon. Childcare provided.
- Don’t forget – there will only be one large service, 10:15am, on Memorial Weekend (May 29th), 4th of July Weekend, and Labor Day Weekend!
P.S. I want to thank all of you who consistently give so generously to our church either through our website, texting (843-277-8337), or automated bill pay (ACH) through your bank! It might not be “seen” on Sundays when the blue buckets are passed, but God sees and it makes a huge Kingdom impact! Thank you!!