Every year, this past weekend, is what I like to call, “The Busiest Weekend In Charleston!” There was the Bridge Run, Flowertown Festival, Cajun Festival, the start of the Volvo Car Open (formerly known as the Family Circle Cup Tennis Tournament), Hootie & the Blowfish Concert, and Phantom of the Opera. And then on top of that it was the last weekend of Spring Break in Charleston County and Final Four Weekend. Whew! My guess is that you and your family probably participated in at least one of those things.
Spring has definitely Sprung and we are now headed full steam into Summer. As you make plans for the Summer and specifically for your children and students, don’t forget to mark your calendar for two things: VBS and Student LIFE Camp. The dates & times for VBS (4 year old – 5th Grade) are July 11-15, 6-8pm. At Coastal we like to say that VBS is “all hands on deck.” In other words, to pull off the AWESOME VBS we do here at Coastal, we need everyone who considers Coastal their home to serve/volunteer in some way. As it gets closer Janet (our Children’s Director) will post all of the different volunteer opportunities. There will be a VBS Planning Meeting for people who want to help organize VBS on Wednesday night, April 20th during WAVES 6.2.SIX (6:30-8pm).
And then if you have a Student (6th-12th Grade) make sure you put Student LIFE Camp on their Summer Calendar. The dates of Student LIFE Camp are June 13-17. Student LIFE Camp is like a Christian Conference for Students on steroids! A couple of thousand students all converge on Wake Forest campus for worship and messages all geared toward them. Plus there is a missions element where our students will be serving the community during the day. It is both time and money well spent for your student. The total cost is $370. A $60 deposit is due by Sunday, April 17th to hold their spot. For more information, to answer any questions, or to donate $ to sponsor a student please contact Ryan Spell – email@example.com or 843-442-8985.
Friday’s 5 (okay – 6):
- A couple of new LIFE Groups have just started: Men’s Basketball & Co-Ed Volleyball! Men’s Basketball is on Monday Nights, 6pm-9pm. Volleyball is Tuesday Nights, 6:30pm-8pm, Childcare Provided on Tuesday nights for Volleyball.
- We’re setting our chairs back up in the “worshi-gym-autorium” this Saturday at 9am. We could definitely use volunteers to help. If you are interested in being part of a “chair ministry”, please respond to this email.
- New to Coastal? Like to learn more about our church and meet other new people? Sign up for our next Newcomer’s Lunch, immediately after the 3rd service this Sunday, April 10th. Go to our website and sign up today!
- We are planning a Baptism Service in our new building for Sunday, April 24th! If you are interested in getting baptized, please let us know on your Connect Card or sign up online.
- The Red Cross Blood Mobile Unit will be at Coastal on Sunday, April 17th! Sign up at the Welcome Center Kiosk and make plans to donate blood (you get a cookie and get to save a life)!
- We’re having a Wedding Shower for Ryan Spell (our Youth Pastor In Residence) and Gracie Beechler on Sunday, April 17th, from 6-7:30pm. They are registered at Amazon.com.
All In! Love Can! Game On!
P.S. If you haven’t already done so, make sure you download our FREE Coastal Community Church app! Go to your app store and search for Coastal Community Church of Charleston (look for our logo) and download our app. It’s a great way to listen to our messages, spread the Word, and keep up with all things Coastal.