I begin a new series this Sunday called, “The Power of Words.” Proverbs 18:21 says, “The tongue has the power of life and death. . .” Wow! Life and death all wrapped up in the words that we speak. Jesus said that our words are a reflection of our heart. In fact, Jesus went as far as saying this, “And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgment day of every idle word you speak.” Pretty strong stuff.
My guess is that we all have said things that we regret. I know I have. We all could do a better job of weighing our words and using them to bring about LIFE! So, let’s talk about that for the next several weeks at Coastal. I really believe that this series has the potential to change lives and strengthen relationships! Invite and bring a friend to church this week!
On Saturday at 4pm (tomorrow) we’re hosting a Memorial Service for Ethan Shaff. Ethan was a 26 year old young man who died on Easter Sunday of a drug overdose in Denver, Colorado. Most of you didn’t know him. However, Ethan and his family were all a part of our church from the very beginning. In fact, Ethan was born 3 weeks before our church started. I was in the hospital room, right before he was born. Ethan was “raised” in our church. I baptized him. About 10 years ago, Ethan, his mom Barb, and little brother Logan, all moved out to Denver to start a new life. While most of you didn’t know Ethan personally, many of you are very familiar with his story – addiction, recovery, relapse. Please pray for Barb & Logan. If you’re an addict, there is hope and there is help. We have a church full of people who have been right where you are at and are willing to walk with you every step of the way. If you know an addict, don’t give up on them. Pray for them and keep reaching out to them. Remember, we are all sinners saved by grace. I could use a few volunteers to help with the service on Saturday. Let me know if you’re available.
- We’re setting our chairs back up in the “worshi-gym-autorium” on Saturday’s (tomorrow) at 9am. We could definitely use volunteers to help. If you are interested in being part of a “chair ministry”, please respond to this email. It’s a great way to get some exercise and serve our church all at the same time!
- We’re having a Wedding Shower for Ryan Spell & Gracie Beechler this Sunday night at 6pm at the church (in the new building). Everyone is invited! Hamburgers & hotdogs, mac & cheese, baked beans, cole slaw, and cake will be served! Come out and enjoy the fun!
- The Red Cross Blood Mobile Unit will be at Coastal this Sunday! Make plans to donate blood (you get a cookie and get to save a life)!
- We are planning a Baptism Service in our new building for Sunday, April 24th! If you are interested in getting baptized, please let us know on your Connect Card or sign up online.
- Want to formalize your commitment to Coastal? Want officially make Coastal your church family? Our next Membership Class is Saturday, May 7th, 9am-Noon. Childcare & light refreshments provided. Sign up on your Connect Card or online.
P.S. Mother’s Day is just around the corner – Sunday, May 8th! It’s been our tradition to have a Baby/Child Dedication on Mother’s Day. If you are interested in participating, please let us know. You can respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card.