Friday’s Five – 4-28-17
So many great things to report from this past Sunday! First of all, a huge shout out to Matt & Kathy Beam and our Cafe Team – Homemade Biscuit & Sausage Day was a huge sucess! Apparently, our church loves them some homemade biscuits (okay, who doesn’t?).
Also, our livestreaming of both services is now up and running! Our services were watched from 26 different locations! I got texts and messages from former members around the country, people who were out of town, and people who were home sick who all got to watch our services. You can now go directly to our website and watch it live from there. By the way, livestreaming is not a recording (we’ll be adding that soon). Livestreaming means you can watch our services LIVE at 9:30am & 11:15am.
The most exciting thing about this past Sunday was definitely our Baptisms! Each person Baptized has a story. I’m humbled and honored that we get to witness and be a part of each story! By the way, our next Baptism is going to be at Folly Beach on Sunday afternoon, June 11th, at 4pm with a Barbeque immediately afterwards. June 11th is going to be awesome! We’re going to be kicking off our Summer “At the Movies” series that day! We’ve reserved the Pelican Watch Pavillion at the Folly Beach County Park the rest of the afternoon and evening. We’re going to be providing the pulled pork BBQ, paper products, and drinks and we’re asking everyone to pitch in and bring sides/dishes/desserts to share! You can sign up for this Baptism on our website, on your Connect Card, or by responding to this email.
- We’re making plans now for our Summer Semester of LIFE Groups! The Summer Semester begins the week of June 4th and lasts for 4-6 weeks, right before VBS. If you are interesed in leading, assisting, or hosting a Summer LIFE Group, the time to let us know is now. The Summer is a great time for creative, social, or active groups (sports, outdoor fun, cooking, exercise, short studies, dinners, movies, servant evangelism, etc.). Our Summer Semester helps maintain momentum and connection over the Summer. It’s a great way for people to “try out Groups”. It’s a great opportunity for new leaders, and it gives our current leaders a much needed rest. Please respond to this email or let us know on your Connect Card if you have an idea or you’re interested in leading.
- Our next Baby/Child Dedication Service is Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 14th. If you would like to have your child dedicated, please let us know on your Connect Card on Sunday or respond to this email. Please include Parent’s names, child’s full name, and the service you will be participating in.
- Sunday, May 21st is going to be Youth Day at Coastal! Our Youth Pastor Ryan Spell will be bringing that morning’s message and our Students will be helping in various ways during both services. Don’t miss it! Come out and support Ryan & our Students, but most importantly, don’t miss what God has to say through Ryan.
- Help send our Students to Summer Camp! Purchase tickets for a Charleston RiverDogs Game on Sunday, May 21st @ 5pm. Cost of the Ticket is $12 (Tickets are $7 and $5 goes directly to the student).
- New to Coastal? Like to meet our Staff, Ministry Leaders and other new people? Like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the history of our church? Make plans to attend our next Necomer’s Reception, Sunday, June 4th, immediately after our 11:15am service (it’s only about 30 minutes). Childcare and snacks are provided. You can sign up for our Newcomer’s Reception on our website, on your Connect Card beginning next Sunday, or simply by responding to this email now.
P.S. Don’t forget, you can support the ministry of Coastal any time and any where by giving through our website, our app, or through TEXTing (843-277-8337). Coastal is fully funded by the generous, consistent giving of it’s members – YOU!
Comments are closed.