Friday’s Five – 5-5-17
This Sunday, I’ll be in Week 4 of, “The Real ‘F’ Word” series. So far we’ve talked about receiving God’s forgiveness and forgiving others. But for a lot of people, the most difficult part of forgiveness is forgiving yourself. Don’t miss this Sunday as we talk about dropping the baggage of shame and guilt that a lot of people walk around carrying.
The following Sunday, Mother’s Day, May 14th is going to be AWESOME! We’ll wrap up this series on Forgiveness by looking again at the forgiveness of God, this time expressed through Jesus to the woman caught in adultery. It’s going to be quite a powerful day you won’t want to miss. There will be a Baby/Child Dedication in both services. Our new ministry “Embrace Grace”, a support group for single mothers, will have a booth underneath the ONE sign in the auditorium. We’ll be giving away a small gift to all the women present, with a few special giveaways at the end of both services. Outside Kona Ice and Kieralee’s Sweets will be giving away FREE treats for everyone!
There’s another Big Day I want to go ahead and put on your radar. On Sunday, June 11th, we kick off a Summer Sermon Series tradition here at Coastal – “At the Movies!” It’s where we use current popular movies as a hook to talk about Biblical truth! A couple of years ago, I decided to put a little twist on the series and use my own personal favorite movies – Jaws, Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Gladiator, and Rocky. While those are all great movies, I caught some good hearted flack from the ladies that these were all “Man Movies.” Well, I heard your whiny voices loud and clear! I decided to put a little twist on this Summer’s “At the Movies” series calling it, are you ready. . . “Chick Flicks & Date Nights!” We’ll be using several all time classic “Chick Flick & Date Night” movies to do a relationship series and talk about dating, marriage, and sex.
And as always, during the “At the Movies” series, all of our 1st Time Guests (your friends) get FREE Movie Tickets (and if your friend attends with you, we’ll give you a FREE Movie Ticket as well)! We give away a bunch of gifts! We’ll have freshly popped popcorn in both services! On one Friday night during the series, we’re going to have a Friday Night FREE Date Night Movie. Bring a blanket or your lawn chairs, watch a movie in the gym on our Big Screens with your loved one (FREE childcare provided)! It’s going to be awesome! Sometime over the series we’ll also have a FREE Kids Movie Matinee at the Citadel Mall Theater.
This year’s “At the Movies” series kick-off is going to be extra special because later that afternoon we’re going to have a “Barbeque & Baptism” at Folly Beach County Park! What! What! The Baptism will be at 4pm with a Barbeque immediately following. We’ve reserved the Pelican Watch Pavillion all day. We’ll provide the pulled pork BBQ, paper products, and drinks and we’re asking everyone to pitch in and bring sides/dishes/desserts to share! You can sign up for this Baptism on our website, on your Connect Card, or by responding to this email.
- Final plans for the Summer Semester of LIFE Groups must be turned in this week. The Summer Semester begins the week of June 4th and lasts for 4-6 weeks, right before VBS. If you haven’t already contacted Julie with your Group Information, please respond to this email or give her a call at the church office – 843-571-1777.
- Our next Baby/Child Dedication Service is Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 14th. If you would like to have your child dedicated, and have not signed up already, please let us know on your Connect Card on Sunday or respond to this email. Please include Parent’s names, child’s full name, and the service you will be participating in.
- Sunday, May 21st is going to be Youth Day at Coastal! Our Youth Pastor Ryan Spell will be bringing that morning’s message and our Students will be helping in various ways during both services. Don’t miss it! Come out and support Ryan & our Students, but most importantly, don’t miss what God has to say through Ryan.
- Help send our Students to Summer Camp! Purchase tickets for a Charleston RiverDogs Game on Sunday, May 21st @ 5pm. Cost of the Ticket is $12 (Tickets are $7 and $5 goes directly to the student).
- New to Coastal? Like to meet our Staff, Ministry Leaders and other new people? Like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the history of our church? Make plans to attend our next Necomer’s Reception, Sunday, June 4th, immediately after our 11:15am service (it’s only about 30 minutes). Childcare and snacks are provided. You can sign up for our Newcomer’s Reception on our website, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or simply by responding to this email now.
P.S. Love to see some new volunteers (with our regulars!) for Chair Set-Up tomorrow morning (Saturday) at 9am. With just 6 or more people it takes less than 30 minutes, you get to meet other people, have some fun, and serve God by serving others!
Comments are closed.