Hopefully by now, you’ve already read my previous email about all the exciting things that happened this past Sunday and the exciting news about adding another Pastor to our staff. These are excting times here at Coastal! I’m just humbled and honored to be a part of it with you! I can’t thank all of our volunteers enough for what an awesome job you all did this past Sunday and every Sunday! You guys are the real heros of our church! YOU ROCK!
Don’t forget – we go back to our 2 regular service times this Sunday – 9:30am & 11:15am. We’re continuing in our series, “The Real ‘F’ Word.” This Sunday we’ll be talking about forgiving others. Just like last week, people are going to be set free! Don’t miss it!
And speaking of missing a Sunday, beginning this week, we’ll be livestreaming both of our entire services! In fact, we tested it out last week in our Nursery/Nursing Moms room. We installed a smart tv on the wall and logged into our ustream channel. We had to tweak it just a little bit, but it’s now up and running! So what does all that mean? It means if you’re sick or out of town you can watch our services live from anywhere! I’m going to give you ustream url address. But hopefully next week, we’ll have a page up on our website, where you can simply go there and watch it live. And pretty soon, we’ll be recording our messages so you can watch them as well as listen to them. So for now, here is the web address:
- We’re making plans now for our Summer Semester of LIFE Groups! The Summer Semester begins the week of June 4th and lasts for 4-6 weeks, right before VBS. If you are interesed in leading, assisting, or hosting a Summer LIFE Group, the time to let us know is now. The Summer is a great time for creative, social, or active groups (sports, outdoor fun, cooking, exercise, short studies, dinners, movies, servant evangelism, etc.). Our Summer Semester helps maintain momentum and connection over the Summer. It’s a great way for people to “try out Groups”. It’s a great opportunity for new leaders, and it gives our current leaders a much needed rest. Please respond to this email or let us know on your Connect Card if you have an idea or you’re interested in leading.
- Interested in getting Baptized? Our next Baptism Service will be THIS Sunday, April 23rd in both services! Respond to this email or sign up on our website and indicate which service you will attend. Baptism is a great celebration at Coastal! Use your Baptism as an opportunity to invite and bring friends, family, neighbors and co-workers!
- Our next Baby/Child Dedication Service is Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 14th. If you would like to have your child dedicated, please let us know on your Connect Card on Sunday or respond to this email. Please include Parent’s names, child’s full name, and the service you will be participating in.
- Help send our Students to Summer Camp! Purchase tickets for a Charleston RiverDogs Game on Sunday, May 21st @ 5pm. Cost of the Ticket is $12 (Tickets are $7 and $5 goes directly to the student).
- Our Food Bank is running low. Please bring in non-perishable items: pasta, canned vegetables, canned fruit, cereal, etc. Many people are blessed each week with your donations!
P.S. We’ll be setting chairs up again this Saturday morning at 9am! Love for you to join us! With 6 or more people it only takes 20 minutes or less. It’s great exercise, you meet other people, and have a lot of fun while serving our community!