Well, maybe Spring has finally “Sprung” – we’ll see! One of the markers of Spring here in the Lowcountry was this past weekend – what I like to call, “the busiest weekend of the year in Charleston.” We had the Bridge Run, the Volvo Tennis Cup, the Flower Town Festival, and the Cajun Festival! I doubt there was a hotel room available for miles. If you have children, the warm weather also brings with it Spring Sports and afternoons at the ball field (and yes the bugs). Many parents are already scrambling for spots for their children for Summer Camps.
In the midst of all of this busyness and activity we are in a series at Coastal called, “The Simple Life.” Now, don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with activities and sports. Let’s just make sure that we’ve really thought through what’s most important, what we’re really trying to become, and the legacy we want to leave behind – focus. Let’s make sure we carve out time not just for good things, but for the best things – getting to know & love God, worship, service, sharing our faith, loving our families and the people in our lives. This week’s message is all about s-l-o-w-i-n-g down – something we all need – your Pastor included. Hope to see you and your friends and family this Sunday!
- I know this is late notice, but if you’re looking for something fun to do, the CSDA (Charleston Swing Dance Association) is having their dance at our Auditorium this Saturday night! Beginner & Intermediate Lessons, 7-8pm. Social Dance, 8-11pm. Normally, the cost for lessons is $8 and $5 for the Social Dance. However, for this Saturday night for everyone from Coastal it’s FREE! Adults of all ages & abilities are welcome (no childcare). Students are welcome, but everyone under 18 must sign a waiver.
- Our next Newcomer’s Reception is THIS SUNDAY, April 15th, immediately after our 11:15am service (it’s only about 30 minutes). Childcare and pizza are provided. You can sign up for our Newcomer’s Reception on our website or simply by responding to this email now. This is a great opportunity for anyone new to Coastal to meet our Staff, our Ministry Leaders, and learn more about Coastal! It’s a great introduction to Coastal!
- Interested in offically making Coastal your church home? Our next Membership Class is Monday night, April 30th, 6-9pm. Childcare and refreshments provided. You can sign up online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or respond to this email.
- If you would like your family to participate in the Baby/Child Dedication on Mother’s Day, May 13th, sign up on your Connect Card or respond to this email. Please include the child’s full name and the service you will be attending – 9:30am or 11:15am.
- Attention all parents and volunteers, as you start to make your Summer plans, mark your calendars and save this date – Coastal’s VBS this year is Monday, July 16th – Friday, July 20th, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. The theme is Shipwrecked – Rescued by Jesus! REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN – www.coastalcommunitychurch.org/VBS! Spread the word and register today!
P.S. Mark your calendars – the next “Saturday Serve” is Saturday, May 5th (the first Satuday of every month)! Meet at the church at 8:30am, learn about some awesome service opportunities, pray, and GO SERVE!