It’s pretty obvious that my message last week on slowing down really struck a chord. The reality is we all struggle in this area – your Pastor included. Well, don’t miss this Sunday as we talk about creating margin in your life. What is margin, you ask? You’ll have to come on Sunday to find out what it is, why it’s important and how to develop it. Don’t miss it!
I’ve got some pretty cool news to share that goes in the “making an IMPACT in our Community” column. I was asked to speak again at Oakland Elementary School’s 5th Grade Graduation this year (not the cool part). The real exciting part is that I suggested the possibility of us hosting the graduation on our campus, in our building, and they said, “YES!” I’m super excited! We’re going to pull out all the stops and really make it special! We only have limited parking, so we’ll be running our Golf Carts from the Oakland Parking Lot to ours. We’ll be serving refreshments, setting up a “photo booth” for parents/graduates, FREE Kona Ice for everyone, and a gift bag from Coastal for all Graduates! This is a great opportunity to make a real IMPACT in our Community! The Graduation service is Wednesday, May 30th at 9:30am. If you’re available (any time between 8:30am-12noon) and interested in volunteering (Greeting, Serving, Driving Golf Carts, cleaning up, etc.) respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday.
I really appreciate all of you who “check-in” regularly on Facebook on Sunday mornings (or at Groups or events during the week) and share our posts and leave comments! It’s great FREE advertising for our church and many times starts a conversation. Keep it up!
- Join one of our office volunteer groups: Monday Morning Follow-Up (Mondays from 9-11am) or Super Service Friday (Fridays 10am-12noon) in the Coastal Kidz Building. Enjoy snacks, coffee & fellowship. Childcare provided upon request. Respond to this email or sign up on your Connect Card.
- Interested in offically making Coastal your church home? Our next Membership Class is Monday night, April 30th, 6-9pm. Childcare and refreshments provided. You can sign up online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or respond to this email.
- Our next “Saturday Serve” is Saturday, May 5th (the first Satuday of every month)! Meet at the church at 8:30am, learn about some awesome service opportunities, pray, and GO SERVE!
- If you would like your family to participate in the Baby/Child Dedication on Mother’s Day, May 13th, sign up on your Connect Card or respond to this email. Please include the child’s full name and the service you will be attending – 9:30am or 11:15am.
- Attention all parents and volunteers, as you start to make your Summer plans, mark your calendars and save this date – Coastal’s VBS this year is Monday, July 16th – Friday, July 20th, 6pm-8pm, 4 year olds – 5th Grade. The theme is Shipwrecked – Rescued by Jesus! REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN – www.coastalcommunitychurch.org/VBS! Spread the word and register today!
P.S. Remember to pray for your ONE! We will reach our IMPACT goal of 100 Salvations & Baptisms this year ONE life at a time! Make sure you check out our IMPACT sign this Sunday!