Wow – taIk about an AWESOME Superbowl Sunday! And I’m not even talking about the football game! I’m talking about the fact that last Sunday we Baptized 9 people and 1 more person gave their life to Christ which means that we now have 22 of our 52 lights already lit up on our ONE sign and it’s just February! In fact, we’ve moved over to the “N” on the sign! Maybe my faith goal was too small! Coastal we are a part of an amazing move of God in our community! And we are just getting started!
This Sunday is our last week of our “I Will” series and then on Sunday, February 19th (Presidents Weekend), we kick off a new series called, “UNITED WE STAND.” The series is all about unity – unity in our home, in the church, and in our community. We’ll be mailing out a large postcard invitation to all of West Ashley, Johns Island, & James Island (let me know when and if you get yours). I really feel like that with what’s happening in our world today this is going to be a powerful and much needed series. As always, invite & bring your friends and pray for your ONE! We’ll have an extra postcard in your bulletin this Sunday for you to give away.
This coming Tuesday is Valentine’s Day! I know a lot of people are pretty down on Valentine’s Day, calling it either “Single Awareness Day” or just another corporate, made up holiday for Hallmark, candy companies and florists to make a lot of money. However, for me, it holds a special place in my heart. Valentine’s Day was mine and Janet’s very first date! I told her I loved her on that first date! And then, we got married the next Valentine’s Day! This Valentine’s Day will be our 30th Wedding Anninversary! It’s hard to believe 30 years have come and gone – it all goes by so quickly!
While romance, cards, flowers, and special occasions are all fun and exciting, real love is so much more. Love is a commitment, a decision to treat someone better than you want to be treated, regardless of how you feel and regardless of how they respond. It’s the little things, done consistently, over time that build a relationship. And the power and the strength to do that every day and over the long haul has to come from somewhere other than yourself. It only comes from God. And when both husband and wife are growing in their walk with God and loving each other sacrificially through His strength, it is a beautiful and special thing! If you have that, thank the Lord, thank your spouse, keep it up and remain faithful. If you’re single, don’t settle for anything less! If you’re married and you don’t have what I’m talking about, pray, seek Godly counsel, and remember, the only thing you can change is yourself. You can still practice Godly, sacrificial love. It’s not dependent on their response or your feelings. Godly, sacrificial love is the fertile soil in which miracles grow!
Janet, thank you for the best 30 years of my life! Sometimes it’s hard to remember my life without you in it. You make loving you so easy and natural and fun and exciting! If God allows it, I look forward to the next 30 years and every day in between with YOU! Happy Early Anniversary and Happy Early Valentines Day!
- LIFE Groups start this coming week! But there is still plenty of time to sign up. Remember there are 3 different ways to sign up, but you only have to sign up one way, one time. You can sign up any time online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or at the LIFE Group Sign-Up Tables at the back of our auditorium on Sunday. Right now we have over 300 adults in LIFE Groups!
- Unless otherwise noted, don’t forget that Chair Set-Up is every Saturday morning at 9am in our new building. With 6 or more people, it only takes 30 minutes or less and it’s a great exercise and believe it or not it’s great fun!
- Looking for a place to serve at Coastal and are available on Monday Mornings? Consider joining the Monday Morning Follow-Up Team! Each Monday morning, 9am-11am, we have a group of volunteers who help us follow up with all of our guests from Sunday. They also help with a variety of administrative tasks. Snacks, coffee, and childcare provided. Respond to this email or contact Ashley Hojnacki directly at email@example.com.
- There is a WAVES Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade) House Party on Friday, February 24th at the Carolina Ice Palace! Meet at the church at 8pm. We will take a bus to the Ice Rink and skate from 9pm-11pm. Cost $5. Invite and bring your friends!
- There is a Security Team Meeting on Saturday, February 25th, at 9am in the new building. This meeting is for all current team members and for those interested in serving.