I hope you’re excited about the kickoff to our new series this weekend called, “UNITED WE STAND.” The series is all about unity. It could not come at a more needed time! Use that to your advantage! Leverage what’s happening in our world today for Kingdom purposes. We mailed out a large postcard invitation for this series and already had several people come to church last Sunday because they received the card. Do whatever it takes and get your friends to church this week! Make that phone call, send those emails and social media invitations. You never know the power and impact of a simple invitation! I’ve been praying specifically this week for your ONE! Don’t forget – each ONE of us, praying ONCE a day, for ONE minute, at ONEpm for ONE person – the power of ONE!
On Sunday, please do your part and park over in the school parking lot – as far away as possible to make room for guests. Warmly welcome and greet everyone. Go out of your way to be helpful. If you’re serving, come early and be prepared. Fill out a Connect Card. Sit toward the front and center of each section of chairs.
Woohoo – LIFE Groups started this past week! And from all reports so far, it’s been an awesome kickoff for this semester of LIFE Groups! If you didn’t make a Group this week, there is still plenty of time to sign up. Remember there are 3 different ways to sign up, but you only have to sign up one way, one time. You can sign up any time online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or at the LIFE Group Sign-Up Tables at the back of our auditorium on Sunday. Right now we have well over 300 adults in LIFE Groups!
- Join our entire church for a 40 Day period of Fasting & Prayer leading up to Easter Sunday. The fast will begin Wednesday, March 1st and continue until Sunday, April 9th, Palm Sunday, the week before Easter. Begin praying and thinking now about what you will choose to fast.
- There is a WAVES Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade) House Party on Friday, February 24th at the Carolina Ice Palace! Meet at the church at 8pm. We will take a bus to the Ice Rink and skate from 9pm-11pm. Cost $5. Invite and bring your friends!
- There is a Security Team Meeting on Saturday, February 25th, at 9am in the new building. This meeting is for all current team members and for those interested in serving.
- New to Coastal? Want to learn more about the church and find out how to get connected? Join us for the next Newcomer’s Reception, Sunday, March 26th, immediately following the 11:15am service in the Welcome Center. Meet other new people and our staff, enjoy a slice of pizza, and discover possible next steps. Sign up online or on your Connect Card on Sunday.
- Go ahead and mark your calendar now, Coastal’s week of VBS will be July 17th-21st, 6pm-8pm! This year’s theme is, “Maker Fun Factory – Created by God, Built for a Purpose!” See Janet Rollins if you’re interested in serving – firstname.lastname@example.org!
UNITED WE STAND!
P.S. We could have used a few more people this past Saturday for Chair Set-Up! Chair Set-Up is every Saturday morning at 9am in our new building. With 6 or more people, it only takes 30 minutes or less! If you’ve never done it before, join us tomorrow! It’s a great way to serve God, by serving others!