So . . . have you hugged your kids today? Your spouse? Have you told the people in your family that you love them and that you’re grateful for them? Have you done it today? We’re in a series right now called, “grateful” and last week was, “I’m grateful for my family.” Instead of taking our families for granted, today let’s express our love and gratitude. Don’t wait for a tragedy or a funeral to remind you to be grateful for your family. This week’s message, “I’m grateful for my church.” Don’t miss it!
Speaking of being grateful for my church, I was truly amazed that ALL the food was taken and given away last week! Not because I doubted your heart, but simply because there was so much of it! But then again, you really never cease to amaze me!
Our newly announced 2018 IMPACT Goal is to see 100 Salvations & 100 Baptisms for the year! How are we going to make that kind of IMPACT? Simple. Just like last year – ONE life at a time! Keep praying for your ONE! Keep inviting and bringing people to church! Keep spreading the word about Coastal! And beginning in 2018 we’re going to make it even easier for people to get Baptized during our Worship services. We’re purchasing a brand new portable Baptistry that will be ready for people to get Baptized each and every Sunday! In fact, you can sign up now to get Baptized the first Sunday of the new year – January 7th! Simply respond to this email, sign up on your Connect Card, or sign up online!
Ministry Opportunity Spotlight:
Today, I’d like to highlight a part of our 1st Impressions Team that we need to expand – our Parking Team. Over the years, especially on Big Days & Special Events, we’ve always made sure we have volunteers in our Parking Lots, the Street Crossing, and our Golf Carts. Well, we’re now realizing that we need volunteers in those areas each and every Sunday – helping people find parking, welcoming our Guests, and offering assistance (and yes, driving the Golf Carts). If you are interested in serving in this capacity, you can respond to this email, sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday, call Chris Ranew directly at 706-941-2044, or email him at email@example.com.
- If you haven’t heard yet, we’re having 2 Family Christmas Eve Services on Sunday night, December 24th, 5:30pm & 7pm! Nursery – 3year olds will be cared for in the Coastal Kidz Building, but all other children will be in the auditorium (there will be a “special guest” at the end of both services). There will be NO SUNDAY MORNING SERVICES that day. Invite & bring your friends – as always it’s going to be AWESOME!
- Our 6th Annual Christmas Offering has begun! Now through the second Sunday of the New Year, January 14th (5 more weeks), we are encouraging our entire Coastal family to give above and beyond their regular tithes and offering to this year’s special Christmas Offering. Our goal is BIG – $60,000 – but what we keep learning over and over again is that we serve a BIGGER GOD! To give toward the Christmas Offering, simply designate your gift with the word “Christmas.” Remember this is above and beyond your regular giving. Our theme for 2018 is “IMPACT”. This offering simply enables our church to continue to make an IMPACT in our church, community, and world!
- If you are interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group in the new semester of 2018, please let us know now on your Connect Card or contact Pastor Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WAVES Student Christmas Party – Wednesday night, December 13th at 6pm. Bring a gift for the Annual White Elephant Gift Exchange! Wear your favorite Christmas PJ’s or Christmas Sweater! Invite & bring your friends!
- Interested in offically making Coastal your church home? We just scheduled a LAST CHANCE Membership Class, Satuday morning, December 16th, 9am-12noon. Childcare and refreshments provided. You can sign up online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or respond to this email. This is the LAST MEMBERSHIP CLASS of 2017!
With a Grateful Heart!