Wow! It’s hard to believe that today is December 1st! Christmas is just around the corner. Are you ready? Have you seen the lights yet at J.I. County Park? Do you have your tree up yet? Guess what? We have ours up at Coastal! I can’t wait for you to see all the decorations! Don’t miss this Sunday as we continue with our “Grateful” series! This Sunday’s message: “I’m Grateful for My Family.” And yes, we’re back to our regular service times of 9:30am & 11:15am.
Tonight, 6:30-8:30, we’re having an Oyster Roast (and Hotdogs & Chili) for our Life Group & Life Team Leaders! It’s our way to recognize & thank our Leaders, give thanks for this past semester, and cast vision for the new year.
Come ready to help “Feed Charleston” this Sunday! When you come to church there will be several tables of pre-bagged food. We’re asking everyone to take a bag of food and give it to someone in need – a nearby shelter, a shut-in, someone in your community. Start thinking now about who you will bless! The overabundance of food is thanks to our good friends at Oakland Elementary School. Their food drive enabled us to fully stock our Food Bank AND give away food this Sunday!
Ministry Opportunity Spotlight:
Today, I’d like to highlight our Prayer Team. One of the things that I love about our church and our Sunday morning services in particular, is that we have a group of people who are ready to pray with anyone in need or making decisions. Yes, people can turn in their Prayer Requests on the back of their Connect Card, but sometimes you just need a fellow follower of Jesus to pray with you then and there during a service. Our Prayer Team does that. If you have a passion for praying with people, seeing people come to Christ and taking next steps, this may be the place for you. If you are interested in volunteering, you can respond to this email, sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday, or email Billy Burnett directly at billy.burnett@GRSI.com.
- Our 6th Annual Christmas Offering has begun! Now through the second Sunday of the New Year, January 14th (6 more weeks), we are encouraging our entire Coastal family to give above and beyond their regular tithes and offering to this year’s special Christmas Offering. Our goal is BIG – $60,000 – but what we keep learning over and over again is that we serve a BIGGER GOD! To give toward the Christmas Offering, simply designate your gift with the word “Christmas.” Remember this is above and beyond your regular giving. Our theme for 2018 is “IMPACT”. This offering simply enables our church to continue to make an IMPACT in our church, community, and world!
- If you are interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group in the new semester of 2018, please let us know now on your Connect Card or contact Pastor Scott at email@example.com. Childcare will be provided.
- New to Coastal? Like to meet our Staff, Ministry Leaders and other new people like yourself? Like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the history of our church? Make plans to attend our next Necomer’s Reception, THIS Sunday, December 3rd, immediately after our 11:15am service (it’s only about 30 minutes). Childcare and pizza are provided. You can sign up for our Newcomer’s Reception on our website, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or simply by responding to this email now.
- Interested in offically making Coastal your church home? Our next Membership Class is THIS MONDAY NIGHT, December 4th, 6pm-9pm. Childcare and refreshments provided. You can sign up online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or respond to this email.
- WAVES Student Christmas Party – Wednesday night, December 13th at 6pm. Bring a gift for the Annual White Elephant Gift Exchange! Wear your favorite Christmas PJ’s or Christmas Sweater! Invite & bring your friends!
With a Grateful Heart!
P.S. Looking for a fun way to volunteer at Coastal that only takes 30 minutes? Come help with Chair Set-Up on Saturday mornings at 9am!