I can’t tell you how excited I am about our Operation Christmas Child Wrapping & Packing Party TONIGHT, 6pm at the church! We’ll start setting up the auditorium beginning at 10:30am (come out and help if you’re available). Our goal tonight is 500 PACKED BOXES! That’s more than triple what we’ve done before! Come help make that dream a reality and celebrate what God is doing through our church! It’s a great way to kick off the Holiday Season!
Another exciting event and an example of what God is doing through our church is our ONE Service & Party on Sunday, November 19th – ONE Big Combined Service and ONE Big Party to celebrate 52 people already giving their life to Christ this year! The one service time is 9:30am. Trust me, you’re not going to want to miss this service! We’re going to CELEBRATE Coastal Style! And then immediately after the service, we’re going to feed you! There will be Barbeque (of course), fried chicken, mac & cheese, red rice, and CAKE! Make plans to be there and most importantly, invite & bring your friends to join you! It’s going to be an AWESOME day! Oh and feel free to bring lawn chairs, corn hole, frisbee, and enjoy the day with your Coastal friends & family!
You should have received our Annual Christmas Offering Letter/Email from me already this week. Our goal is BIG – $60,000 – but what we keep learning over and over again is that we serve a BIGGER GOD! You can start giving toward the Christmas Offering this Sunday, simply designate your gift “Christmas.” Remember this is above and beyond your regular giving. Our theme for 2018 is “IMPACT”. This offering simply enables our church to continue to make an impact in our church, community, and world! Involve your entire family and start praying about what you can give.
Ministry Opportunity Spotlight:
Today, I’d like to highlight our Security Team. Honestly, I wish we didn’t even have to talk about Security at church – but obviously we do. People want to know, “Am I safe here? Are my children safe and secure here? Are you doing everything in your power to reasonably ensure my safety?” Well, you might not be aware of this, but each and every Sunday at Coastal we have a group of volunteers stationed all over our campus who do their best to help provide a safe and secure environment for us and our children. The Security Team is led by Bryan Miller, a former SC State Trooper and Stephen Voges, a Sargent in the City of Charleston Police Department. In fact, beginning this month we will also have a uniformed off duty City of Charleston Police Officer providing security at both of our services. If you have any Security/LEO experience and are interested in learning more about our Security Team and possibly volunteering, you can respond to this email, sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday, email Bryan directly at email@example.com, or call him at 843-296-2991.
- The WAVES Student Ministry Silent Auction & Spaghetti Dinner is one week from today, Friday, November 17th, 6:30pm-8:30pm. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased from our students or Ryan Spell. All the proceeds go to the Winter Retreat. If you have something to donate (goods, services, items, trips, memorabilia), you can sign up on your Connect Card, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or give Ryan a call at 843-442-8985. Come prepared to support our Student Ministry!
- Several dates to put on your calendar: ONE Combined Service on Sunday, Nov. 19th at 9:30am (ONE Party). One Combined Service on Sunday, Nov. 26th at 9:30am (Thanksgiving Weekend). And for all you planners, we’re having 2 Family Style Christmas Eve Services on Sunday, December 24th at 5:30pm & 7pm (no Sunday morning services).
- Pastor Chris & Pastor Scott are leading a Trip to the Holy Land next year! The dates are November 5-14, 2018. The cost is $4200 (could be less depending on how many people go). If you are interested in going, there will be an information meeting immediately after church THIS Sunday, November 12th in the 1st-5th Grade auditorium. You can also learn more about the trip by visiting this link: http://www.maranathatours.com/Diamond-Nov-2018-Israel
- ONE Can makes a huge difference! Help us stock our Food Bank! You might not be aware of this, but throughout the week we give away A LOT of food to hungry/hurting people in our community. We accept all non-perishable food items, but definitely need rice, pasta, spaghetti sauce, soups, canned meats, and canned fruit. Simply bring the food with you to church on Sundays or drop it off during the week. Thanks!
- New to Coastal? Like to meet our Staff, Ministry Leaders and other new people like yourself? Like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the history of our church? Make plans to attend our next Necomer’s Reception, Sunday, December 3rd, immediately after our 11:15am service (it’s only about 30 minutes). Childcare and pizza are provided. You can sign up for our Newcomer’s Reception on our website, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or simply by responding to this email now.
P.S. Can’t wait to see you 6pm tonight for our Operation Christmas Child Wrapping & Packing Party!