Okay, so this is your official Pastoral reminder. This Sunday is Time Change Sunday! But don’t worry, it’s the “good one.” Your clocks “Fall Back” one hour. So what are you going to do with that extra hour of sleep? This would be the perfect Sunday to “fall back” into some good habits for your Spiritual Growth. If it’s been a while since you’ve been at Coastal, come back. You need it, and we need you! We’re better together. Start reading your Bible. Spend some time in prayer. Download the youversion.com app and start a daily devotional. Everyone has a next step to grow spiriutally. Renew your commitment to take yours – whatever that may be. And remember we’re here to help you in that journey! 1 Timothy 4:7, “Spend your time and energy in training yourself for spiritual fitness.”
THIS SUNDAY IS THE LAST SUNDAY TO BRING ITEMS FOR OPERATION CHRISTMAST CHILD! Help us reach our goal of filling 500 BOXES! Bring any toys that will fit in a shoe box (no perishables, liquids, used items, candy, or toys associated with war or fighting). Our Wrapping & Packing Party will be next Friday, November 10th, 6pm at the church. You can also donate money directly to the church to be used to purchase toys. Simply designate your offering envelope, check, or text – “occ”.
I’m getting so excited for our ONE Service & Party on Sunday, November 19th – ONE Big Combined Service and ONE Big Party to celebrate 52 people already giving their life to Christ this year! The service time is 9:30am. Trust me, you’re not going to want to miss this service! We’re going to CELEBRATE Coastal Style! Immediately after the service, we’re going to feed you! There will be Barbeque (of course), fried chicken, mac & cheese, red rice, and CAKE! Make plans to be there and most importantly, invite & bring a friend to join you! It’s going to be AWESOME! Oh and feel free to bring lawn chairs, blankets, corn hole, frisbee, and enjoy the day with your Coastal friends & family!
Ministry Opportunity Spotlight:
Today, I’d like to highlight our Tech Team! Each Sunday during both Worship Services, the Tech Team manages everything that you see and hear on our stage and live online. They take care of our lights, video, and projection. If you have any technology/worship service production experience, are focused and quick on your feet, and can multi-task, this team just might be for you! If you’re interested in serving, simply respond to this email, sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday, or reach out to Brian Hill, our Worship Pastor, at 843-814-6066 or email@example.com.
- If you’d like to help NOW with Operation Christmas Child, please see Teresa Spell. There are shoe boxes to wrap and other various things that need to be done in preparation for the Wrapping & Packing Party. You can email her at TeresaSpel@aol.com or call her at 843-442-4555.
- The WAVES Student Ministry Silent Auction & Spaghetti Dinner will be Friday, November 17th, 6:30pm-8:30pm. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased from our students or Ryan Spell. All the proceeds go to the Winter Retreat. The reason you need to know about it now is that Ryan needs to start collecting a list of goods/services/items that you might be willing to donate for the auction. If you have something to donate (goods, services, items, trips, memorabilia), you can sign up on your Connect Card, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or give him a call at 843-442-8985.
- Several dates to put on your calendar: ONE Combined Service on Sunday, Nov. 19th at 9:30am (ONE Party). One Combined Service on Sunday, Nov. 26th at 9:30am (Thanksgiving Weekend). Newcomer’s Reception, Sunday December 3rd, immediately after the 11:15am service. Membership Class, Monday December 4th, 6-9pm. And for all you real planners out there, we’re having 2 Family Style Christmas Eve Services on Sunday, December 24th at 5:30pm & 7pm (no Sunday morning services).
- Pastor Chris & Pastor Scott are leading a Trip to the Holy Land next year! The dates are November 5-14, 2018. The cost is $4200 (could be less depending on how many people go). If you are interested in going, there will be an information meeting immediately after church next Sunday, November 12th in the 1st-5th Grade auditorium. You can also learn more about the trip by visiting this link: http://www.maranathatours.com/Diamond-Nov-2018-Israel
- ONE Can makes a huge difference! Help us stock our Food Bank! You might not be aware of this, but throughout the week we give away A LOT of food to hungry/hurting people in our community. We accept all non-perishable food items, but definitely need rice, pasta, spaghetti sauce, soups, canned meats, and canned fruit. Simply bring the food with you to church on Sundays or drop it off during the week. Thanks!
P.S. Have you heard that this Sunday is Time Change Sunday! Your clocks will “Fall Back” one hour!