There are so many exciting things going on at Coastal right now, I don’t know where to begin! So I decided to start on a personal level. If you haven’t heard yet our daughter Lydia is getting married! Andrew proposed this past Sunday at sunset on Newport Beach out in Southern California (and she said “yes” of course). The wedding will be May 27th, there in California, over Memorial Weekend. I’ll be giving Lydia away AND performing the ceremony (hmmm, what will I say – haha)! At some point they will come out to Charleston and we’ll throw a little party for them. We’re so excited and grateful!
Now, what’s happening at Coastal you ask? Well for starters the WAVES Student Ministry Silent Auction & Spaghetti Dinner is TONIGHT 6:30pm-8:30pm! Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the door if you haven’t gotten one yet. All the proceeds go to the Winter Retreat. The most important thing though is to come out and bid on items at the Silent Auction and buy some cool new WAVES Apparel. Trust me, there will be a wide variety of great stuff to bid on! Come prepared to support our Student Ministry!
And then of course THIS SUNDAY is our ONE Combined Service & Party to celebrate reaching our goal of at least 52 people giving their life to Christ this year! The one service time is 9:30am (no 11:15am service). Immediately after the service, we’re going to feed you! There will be Barbeque (of course), chicken, mac & cheese, red rice, cole slaw, drinks, and CAKE! Make plans to be there and most importantly, invite & bring someone to join you! It’s going to be an AWESOME day! Oh and feel free to bring lawn chairs, corn hole, frisbee, and enjoy the day with your Coastal friends & family!
Ministry Opportunity Spotlight:
Today, I’d like to highlight our WAVES Student Ministry. Waves Student Ministry exists to connect Students (6th-12th Grade) to each other and grow deeper in their faith. The goal is to build real, lasting relationships with God and each other. Every Wednesday night (6pm-8:15pm) during the school year, Students come together for a time of Food, Fellowship, Games, Worship, Message, and Small Groups. Throughout the year there are Service Projects, Retreats, and Camp! For more information you can check out their webpage at https://coastalcommunitychurch.org/connect/students/. If you have a heart for Students and are interested in learning more about how you can get involved, you can respond to this email, sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday, email Pastor Ryan directly at email@example.com or call him at 843-442-8985.
- Our 6th Annual Christmas Offering has begun! Now through the second Sunday of the New Year, January 14th (8 more weeks), we are encouraging our entire Coastal family to give above and beyond their regular tithes and offering to this year’s special Christmas Offering. Our goal is BIG – $60,000 – but what we keep learning over and over again is that we serve a BIGGER GOD! To give toward the Christmas Offering, simply designate your gift with the word “Christmas.” Remember this is above and beyond your regular giving. Our theme for 2018 is “IMPACT”. This offering simply enables our church to continue to make an IMPACT in our church, community, and world!
- On Friday night, December 1st we are having an Oyster Roast & Appreciation Party for all LIFE Group & Ministry Leaders! If you are interested in leading, assisting, or hosting a LIFE Group in the new semester of 2018, please let us know now on your Connect Card or contact Pastor Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New to Coastal? Like to meet our Staff, Ministry Leaders and other new people like yourself? Like to learn more about Pastor Chris and the history of our church? Make plans to attend our next Necomer’s Reception, Sunday, December 3rd, immediately after our 11:15am service (it’s only about 30 minutes). Childcare and pizza are provided. You can sign up for our Newcomer’s Reception on our website, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or simply by responding to this email now.
- Interested in offically making Coastal your church home? Our next Membership Class is Monday night, December 4th, 6pm-9pm. Childcare and refreshments provided. You can sign up online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or respond to this email.
- WAVES Student Christmas Party – Wednesday night, December 13th at 6pm. Bring a gift for the Annual White Elephant Gift Exchange! Wear your favorite Christmas PJ’s or Christmas Sweater! Invite & bring your friends!
P.S. Can’t wait to see you at 6:30pm tonight for our WAVES Student Ministry Spaghetti Dinner & Silent Auction! Come out and support our Student and BUY SOME STUFF!