My message this week in our UNSHAKABLE series is about one of the most common storms that we all face – the storm of illness. It really is a part of life. The most common prayer request every Sunday on our Connect Cards and in every LIFE Group I’ve ever been in has to do with illness. But beyond the more common health related sickness that we all deal with regularly, my guess is that every single person who receives this email has a close personal friend or an immediate family member who has been diagnosed with cancer or some sort of life threatening/debilitating disease. Well, as a believer, what do you do, how do you respond, what do you pray? How do you stand strong and remain UNSHAKABLE? Don’t miss this Sunday!
Our Youth Pastor, Ryan Spell mentioned this last Sunday, but don’t forget to check-in on Facebook from your mobile device when you come to church on Sundays. It’s a great form of free marketing for the church. On average, at least 200 people see someone’s “check-in”. When you “check-in”, tag other people that are there, people that you’re sitting with, or me & our staff. I saw someone’s “check-in” last week and one of their friends asked about the church! And if you have no idea what I’m talking about, wake up from your sleep Rumpelstiltskin and ask a student (they’ve already moved on to Snapchat and Instagram).
- We have someone using our building this Saturday, so our Chair Set-Up will be at 7pm instead of 9am. If you’ve never helped set up our chairs, this is a great way to serve! With 6 or more people it only takes 30 minutes or less! Come out this Saturday at 7pm and lend a hand!
- WAVES Student Ministry (6th-12th Grade) Fall Costume Party – Friday night, October 28th, 6-9pm. Costume Contest, Food, & Games! Invite and bring your friends!
- Mark your calendar now and make sure you don’t miss Children’s Day, Sunday, October 30th at Coastal. 4 year olds and up will be in the service, our kids will be singing a couple of songs, there will be a Baby Dedication (sign up on your Connect Card or repsond to this email), Games, Food, a Petting Zoo, and even a World Champion Juggler! You, your kids, and their friends won’t want to miss it! Don’t miss this opportunity to bring a friend!
- October is Operation Christmas Child month! Begin bringing toys, games, supplies, etc. that can fit in a shoebox to church. There is a collection box in the Welcome Center. Also, start gathering your shoeboxes. Our Packing Party will be at the church on Friday, November 11th, 6:30pm.
- New to Coastal? Interested in learning more our our church? Like to meet our staff and key ministry leaders, other new people, and discover possible next steps? Sign up and come to our next Newcomer’s Lunch on Sunday, November 13th, immediately following the 11:15am service.
P.S. Give TEXT Giving a try! It’s simple, safe, and secure. Text any amount to 843-277-8337. After a quick sign up process, it’s a great way to give any time, any place, any amount as God blesses. Try it today!