Wow – talk about a crazy weather week here in Charleston – SNOW and lots of it! I hope you’ve been able to enjoy this Winter Wonderland! Like me, I’m sure many of you have a bit of “cabin fever” by now. We haven’t left our house since Tuesday night!
Right now, we’re simply monitoring the situation for Sunday morning – planning for services as normal, but again, we’ll see what the weekend brings. Our top priority is safety. We’re hoping that 2 more days of sunshine clear the roadways for travel. Check our Facebook page and website for any updates. Anticipate receving a text/email by Saturday afternoon. Honestly, it would be great to get out of the house and see everyone on Sunday!
This Saturday, tomorrow, was supposed to be our first “Saturday Serve” of the new year! However, due to the weather we have decided to officially launch “Saturday Serve” in February – February 3rd to be exact. Saturday Serve meets the first Saturday of each month and gives our church an opportunity to serve and make an IMPACT in our church and community.’
This Sunday, January 7th, the first Sunday of the New Year, we’ll be kicking off a series called, “IMPACT”. The word IMPACT is our theme for 2018 – making an impact with our lives in our church, our community, and our world! The series will be specifically about how to share your faith with the world around you and make an IMPACT! Don’t miss it!
- Our Students leave for their Annual Winter Retreat in Pigeon Forge, TN next Friday, January 12 at 6pm! They return Monday, January 15th! If you know you have not turned in the medical release form you can do so on our website under the Student page. You can also complete one when you drop of your student the day of departure. Also if you need to pay or finish paying for your student’s trip you can do so on the website. Just click give and enter your students name in the special instructions box (Your Students Name/ Winter Retreat). If you have already paid the deposit or are unsure how much you have paid please contact Ryan Spell. If paying online is not possible, you can bring the money the day of departure and we will have a table set up to collect. If you are interested in providing a scholarship to pay for a Student’s trip, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are planning on leading a LIFE Group in the new semester of 2018, please turn in all your Group information to Pastor Scott by Tuesday, January 9th – email@example.com. Life Group Training – either 7pm, Tuesday, Jan 23rd or 10am, Saturday, Jan 27th. All Life Group Leaders are required to attend, just choose the date that works best for you.
- Life Group Sunday – January 28th! The tent will be setup and everyone will have the opportunity to check out all the Groups for the Winter/Spring Semester! Life Groups Kick-Off the week of Sunday, February 11th.
- Interested in going public with your faith through Baptism? Never been Baptized by immersion? Respond to this email or sign up online to be Baptized on the first Sunday of the New Year – this Sunday, January 7th (or any Sunday).
- Interested in offically making Coastal your church home? Our next Membership Class is Saturday morning, February 3rd, 9am-12noon. Childcare and refreshments provided. You can sign up online, on your Connect Card on Sunday, or respond to this email.
Happy New Year!
P.S. Only 2 more Sunday’s (January 7th & 14th) to give to our 6th Annual Christmas Offering! Our goal is $60,000. We’ll announce our grand total after January 14th. Please designate your gift with the word, “Christmas.”