Woohoo! LIFE Groups start NEXT week! I can’t wait! It’s still not too late to sign up for the Fall Semester. We have 3 different ways to sign up, but you only have to sign up one time, one way. You can sign up on your Connect Card during one of our services, at the LIFE Group Tables at the back of the auditorium, or at any time directly from our website.
Well, thankfully from all reports, it looks like all Charleston got from Hurricane Hermine was a lot of rain and some wind. However, we are right smack in the middle of Hurricane Season. Our new series, “Unshakable – Standing Strong in the Storms of Life,” could not come at a better time. The truth is, storms ARE a fact of life. You are either heading into a storm, right in the middle of one, or coming out of one. You can’t stop them from coming, but you can learn how to stand strong – how to be UNSHAKABLE.
So who are you inviting & bringing to church on Sunday, September 18th? Who are you giving the “Unshakable” book to? Start praying now for your friends and everyone you will be inviting. Pick up some more “Unshakable” books on Sunday and our large “Unshakable” postcards and use them as an invite tool. Pray for everyone that will be invited, for our mailing that will go out to all of West Ashley, James Island, and Johns Island, and for all of our guests. Let’s invite people like it all depends on us, pray like it all depends on God, walk by faith, and trust God with the results!
- New to Coastal and interested in taking next steps? Like to meet other new people, our Staff, and learn a little bit more about our church? Come to our next Newcomer’s Lunch, immediately following our 11:15am service this Sunday, September 11th (approx. 12:30pm). If you haven’t already signed up, let us know you’re coming by signing up online now.
- Interested in formalizing your commitment to Coastal as your church family? Climbing up the Leadership Ladder here at Coastal and need to become a Member? Sign up for our next Membership Class, Saturday, September 17th, 9am-12noon. Refreshments & Childcare provided. You can sign up on your Connect Card on Sunday or you can sign up online now.
- We’re having a BIG DAY on Sunday, September 18th as we kick off our new Fall Sermon Series, “UNSHAKABLE – Standing Strong in the Storms of Life.” It’s based on the book that I wrote the forward to, that we give away. I really believe it’s going to be a great series and more importantly an easy way to invite and bring friends! In fact, use the book as an invite tool to bring your friends!
- We had so much fun last year, we’re doing it again – our 2nd Annual Tailgate Party & Competition – Sunday, October 2nd – 9am-1pm (before, during, and after church)! If you are interested in participating, representing your team, sharing your favorite grub, possibly winning some cool prizes, and having a whole lot of fun, simply respond to this email and let us know. You can sign up to participate on your Connect Card beginning next Sunday.
- On Friday night, October 7th, our WAVES Student Ministry is having a Spaghetti Dinner & Silent Auction. This will be their one big fundraiser for the Fall. Students will be selling tickets starting next week for $5. All proceeds go directly to pay for the Winter Retreat in Pigeon Forge, TN, January 13th-16th. Let Ryan Spell know if you are willing to help with the dinner (provide spaghetti noodles, sauce, bread, salad). If you: own a business, work for a generous company, have any connections, have some cool (and valuable) stuff you are willing to part with, or can donate any goods and services, please contact Ryan Spell at email@example.com or sign up on your Connect Card and he will contact you.
P.S. Due to some work being done in the new building, we had to change our chair set-up time this week from Saturday (tomorrow)at 9am until tomorrow night at 7pm. Please join us if you are available. It only takes 30 minutes or less with 6 or more people.